General Discussion > Off topic

STAND ALONE MEMORY MODULE

<< < (2/2)

Sergio-DEK:
@pinias: There are a lot of products on the market, capable of storing big quantities of data. Just type it in Google. I've used RM Michaelides products like "CANLogger" and it works great.

Marbek_elektronik quote to dlewis: "I think this is a logger, not a memory,isn't it?
pinias search for a memory, which can write and read data via can bus."

@Marbek_elektronik: Logger not a memory? Memory, which can read/write? What?
Memory modules are not capable of of doing anything but retain data or not retain data, loggers on the other hand are devices intended to be data collectors and include some kind of memory to write/read the collected/logged data and retain it after power-off.

Marbek_Elektronik:
Hi,

I have written:
"Now, I have asked www.avisaro.com and they have such devices.
They have dataloggers with SD-card or USB-Stick and they can program their loggers via script, so this devices will be a can-memory device.
You can write and read from it and you can put the SD-card in your computer."

So, they can make their loggers to be data memories, to be read via danfoss or via computer.

I hope, now it is clear.

Sergio-DEK:
Well, no. I quoted the first paragraph of your post not the last. Data logger is a dedicated device, while memory is a module, which is one of the components of a logger in this case. That's why you got me wondering, when you wrote: "I think this is a logger, not a memory,isn't it?".

The difference I see between the Memorator R Semi Pro logger function and the products you and I mentioned is, that the latter ones are dedicated for logging data with many interfaces and have interchangeable SD memory cards, while Memorator has it soldered onto the PCB and logs data when not used as an CAN interface (at a high price as well). All of them come with some sort of SW configuring tool.

The rest, is just deciding on which device covers all needed requirements (interfaces, memory type,    working environment) at a reasonable price. New CAN loggers come even with integrated RTC for timestamps, I/Os, GPS modules, accelerometers and other sensor.

P.S. Don't get me wrong "Marbek-elektonik" (don't now you name or nick), you got me confused with the terminology, the product you mentioned is certainly worth considering.

Best regards,

Marbek_Elektronik:
Should we post the devices, which work well?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version