PLUS+1 Software > Communication

CAN Node ID

(1/2) > >>

power4:
Hi Everyone, I have another question about CAN Node ID in Sauer-Danfoss controller. As far as I know, the node ID of multiple CAN devices on a CAN bus should be unique. How do I make sure different CAN devices have different node ID? For example, if there are already two CAN devices which have different Node ID, and I want to put the third one into the bus, do I need to specifically set up the node ID of the third device or it will be automatically be a unique number? If user have to setup it manually, how do I do it?

Thanks!

Richard:
Hi,

If you using a display or a controller simply change the default node id at the top level of the application, in the 'unit_config' page.

If you're adding a joystick you change the id with the service tool.

If you're talking about an expansion module that's another story.

Richard

power4:
Thanks! Got it.

Is it possible to change the Node number programmable? The situation is like this, for example, we already have 2 CAN device with different node ID, and I want to add third CAN device to the bus, and how can I avoid the conflict of node ID if I don't know the node IDs of the existing two CAN devices? Is it possible to use hardware like "dip switch" to dynamically configure the CAN node ID?

Thanks!   

--- Quote from: Richard on June 18, 2013, 10:44:26 AM ---Hi,

If you using a display or a controller simply change the default node id at the top level of the application, in the 'unit_config' page.

If you're adding a joystick you change the id with the service tool.

If you're talking about an expansion module that's another story.

Richard

--- End quote ---

Richard:
Hi,
Dynamically change the node id?  I've never tried it but I don't see why not.  Just connect the value in the unit_config page to control logic.

Richard

power4:
It seems not working. Even, I just add two constants and put the sum to the Node input of the CAN0_Setting. The only thing I can do is the assign a U8 constant to the Node.

--- Quote from: Richard on June 18, 2013, 05:16:50 PM ---Hi,
Dynamically change the node id?  I've never tried it but I don't see why not.  Just connect the value in the unit_config page to control logic.

Richard

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version