Author Topic: Touch Areas  (Read 2247 times)

Offline Mike AA

• PLUS+1 Guru
    • Dewind Dewatering
Touch Areas
« on: November 23, 2020, 06:54:25 PM »
I am looking to make my touchscreen code simpler by using the Touch Area objects instead of making a box of the coordinates with greater than less than components. I haven't been able to find any documentation specific for Touch Areas so I've been doing a bit of trial and error. On the output side of the show screen if I connect a checkpoint I can read the "state" of the touch area. Has anyone else used these yet and is this the best way to read areas for a touch screen? I am using the DM1200.

Mike

Offline Tor

• Administrator
  • PLUS+1 Guru
Re: Touch Areas
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 07:28:34 AM »
Hi mikeaa12,

In the PLUS+1 GUIDE user manual you can search for "Touch Display Functionality" and get information about the touch function.

Good Luck
Best regards,
Tor
PLUS+1® SW PAE Team

Offline acmall

• PLUS+1 Guru
Re: Touch Areas
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 09:05:10 AM »
You may know this already but just in case!

Almost any object displayed on the the screen can generate a touch output when touched.
For example, if you have an image representing a button you can create a U16 output, select your image and in the inspector drill down through Touch-Stream-Output and set the signal to the output you created. You will then get a Signal on that output representing the type of touch for that image. I find that I seldom need to use a Touch Area.