Author Topic: Plus 1 Guide crashes while compiling DM1000 project  (Read 2071 times)

Offline arned

• PLUS+1 Novice
Plus 1 Guide crashes while compiling DM1000 project
« on: December 31, 2021, 07:20:22 PM »
Plus 1 Guide crashes while compiling DM1000 project

Hello everyone :),

I've been using GUIDE for 4 years but since the release of the latest version I'm having trouble compiling a DM1000 project.
I made this project last year and compiled it on previous versions of GUIDE without any problems. Since I installed the new version, GUIDE crashes while compiling. This is no problem for other projects with smaller file sizes.
Now when I open that project with a previous version of GUIDE it also crashes. But in the background the compiler continues to work but GUIDE crashes.
I don't know if any other colleagues have experienced this problem or have any idea what could be going on because I'm a bit distraught...
I have attached the picture of the program size of the DM1000 project.
Thank you very much for your help!

PC specifications:
- Brand: HP
- Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-8950HK CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90GHz
- RAM memory: 16GB (64bit)

With best regards,
Arne

Offline Tor

• Administrator
  • PLUS+1 Guru
Re: Plus 1 Guide crashes while compiling DM1000 project
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2022, 09:47:36 AM »
Hello,

I see in the image you attached that the project is located in OneDrive.
Can you test to copy the project folder to a location on the PC, not a network drive or a synced folder, and try to compile it?

From the release note:
– Compiling in folders which are synced to network locations or other backup mechanisms is not
recommended because it might interfere with the compilation process, and will usually slow it
down significantly as well.
Workaround: Preferably compile projects in paths that are not synced or interfered with by other
programs.

If it doesn't help, please create a case for the Plus+1 Helpdesk here: https://danfoss.secure.force.com/dpscustomersupport/?product=software

I hope it helps.
Best regards,
Tor
PLUS+1® SW PAE Team