Author Topic: New release - PLUS+1 GUIDE and Service Tool version 9.0!  (Read 13502 times)

Offline Nilla

• PLUS+1 Guru
New release - PLUS+1 GUIDE and Service Tool version 9.0!
« on: November 08, 2016, 03:33:08 PM »
Dear PLUS+1® Users!

Danfoss Power Solutions is proud to announce the release of PLUS+1® GUIDE and Service Tool version 9.0!

Determined to make PLUS+1® GUIDE and Service Tool the #1 systems development tools for mobile hydraulic machinery, our PLUS+1® Platform Development Team is driven to help you bring more-advanced, higher-performing, and better-quality machines to market even faster and easier!

Primary feature additions in this release (see the Release notes for more detailed information):

C in GUIDE
- New POU type for C Code
The C Code POU’s operate in a similar fashion to our Structured Text POU’s, but allow the developer to write in native C code. The most useful application for these POU’s will be single C functions that can be contained within the POU and do not rely on other C resources.
- Direct import of .c and .h files
The C Code POU can also call outside functions that are located in native .c files. GUIDE will prompt you to make a header file (.h) available to your POU. The .c file can contain one or many C functions that can also be called by other POU’s.
- Other added functionality is Syntax highlighting, Auto-completion, Parameter hints, Search in C POUs and .c/.h files, Debugger support

Display Editor Enhancements
- Non-Modal Vector Based Screen Editor with tabs
The non-modal editor simply means that you can work in both the GUIDE code editor and the screen editor at the same time. This is a big productivity enhancement for users with two monitors!
- Tabbed Editor
The screen editor now allows for multiple screen definitions to be open within a single editor window in a tabbed format. Again, this is a big productivity enhancement so users can keep multiple screens open.
- Search and Replace
Arguably the biggest improvement to the screen editor is the addition of the search and replace. You can now easily search through your project for screen content (fonts, text, images, etc.) and most of it can even be replaced. This means that if you want to swap out an image that is on several different screens, you can now do it in a single operation. This is a big time saver!

Application Log
It is now possible to save Application Log 2 contents to USB stick in a faster way using the application log editor interface (requires HWD support).

Search
- The search dialog can be shown in two views; vertical and horizontal.
- Improvements as buttons to expand/collapse all in search item tree, search item tree remembers its state, result can be exported to .csv or sorted into tabs and more.
- Search for PLC data types and constants has been added.

The Module Viewer and the Compare SCS tools are now implemented as standalone executables. This reduces the memory usage of PLUS+1® GUIDE.

License model updates
- A license with an active maintenance period is now required. Existing pre-8.1 users will receive updated license keys via email.
- Perpetual Add-On licenses are no longer supported.

Download this new release here where you can also find our detailed Release notes.

Best regards
Nilla
PLUS+1® Helpdesk team

Offline 240glt

• PLUS+1 Developer
Re: New release - PLUS+1 GUIDE and Service Tool version 9.0!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 04:03:04 PM »
F-secure thinks that it is a virus (Gen:Variant.Symmi.61254 (virus) ) in files

C:\Program Files (x86)\Danfoss\PLUS1\9.0\P1Tools\P1SearchIndexer.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Danfoss\PLUS1\9.0\P1Tools\StaticAnalyzer\StaticAnalyzer.exe

It is probably a false positive, I have submitted them to F-secure for analysis.
I will let you know when I get a response.

Offline Chris W

• PLUS+1 Developer
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 04:40:24 PM »
Thank you!  Please keep our helpdesk team informed in case you need any assistance working with F-Secure.

Chris

Product Application Engineer
Software Solution Services
Danfoss Power Solutions

Offline FluidPowerTom

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 06:56:05 PM »
In addition to your email, Chris, I got the email from the license server giving me a new key to update to 9.0  I hadn't yet downloaded 9.0, but I entered the key into my license manager in my 8.1 version.  It immediately said that I can't run my current version with that license... so I guess I'm downloading 9.0 immediately so that I can continue working.  That's just a little bit irritating.
Controls Engineer
Hydra-Power Systems

Offline Chris W

• PLUS+1 Developer
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 07:07:24 PM »
Hi Tom,

The new license is for the 9.0 release, but you should be able to stay on your existing version with your existing license indefinitely.  You can have multiple versions of PLUS+1 GUIDE installed.

Chris

Offline FluidPowerTom

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 07:10:42 PM »
Yeah that's what I'd figured,  but now I get this attached error when I try to launch GUIDE.  The license did seem to update correctly and reports now a 2020 expiration date.
Controls Engineer
Hydra-Power Systems

Offline bryantmorris

• PLUS+1 Expert
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 01:16:24 AM »
Hello all,

Looks like the compression of the working files in a project when Plus+1 is closed has been removed. Is this true?

Offline 240glt

• PLUS+1 Developer
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2016, 07:21:46 AM »
Thank you!  Please keep our helpdesk team informed in case you need any assistance working with F-Secure.

Chris

Product Application Engineer
Software Solution Services
Danfoss Power Solutions

Just got the response from F-Secure. It was a false positive. No virus!

Greetings,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our analysis indicates that the file you submitted is clean.

We have identified the issue as a False Positive, which will be resolved in an upcoming database update.

In the meantime, you may exclude this file from further scanning by the security product. You can do so using the following instructions:

Internet Security 2013/2014:
https://community.f-secure.com/t5/Security-for-PC/How-do-I-exclude-a-file-or/ta-p/15398

Internet Security 2015:
https://community.f-secure.com/t5/Security-for-PC/How-do-I-exclude-a-file-or/ta-p/56363

Client Security:
https://help.f-secure.com/product.html#business/client-security/12.00/en/task_13205052E3D44C44BA2491A55A7F818F-12.00-en

Policy Manager and PSB Workstation:
https://community.f-secure.com/t5/Management/Excluding-objects-from-Real-Time/ta-p/66013

If you wish to manually update your security product's database, you can use the tools and instructions at:
https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/labs_global/removal-tools/-/carousel/view/140

We apologize for any inconveniences that this false positive may have caused. If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards,
Azim
Malware Analyst
F-Secure Security Labs

Offline Nilla

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2016, 10:34:52 AM »
240glt
Thank you for this False Positive answer!

FluidPowerTom
The email you just received includes keys that can only be used in v9. So if you want to keep working in an earlier version you should use your old keys. In your picture it looks like your trying to start GUIE 8.1.1 for which you should use your "old" keys. Please remove the "v9 keys" and put in your "old" keys and I'm sure everything will work again. Or even better download v9.0 and put in the new keys and use that one ;)

bryantmorris
It is still possible to compress to P1P when closing a project in 9.0. The simplest way is to use the main menu item: “File->Close Project to P1P”.
Another method is to set the option “Close and ask me if I want to pack the project” in the Open/Close under Setup -> Options. See example attached. You can read more about this new feature in the ReadMe that is found either on our download page or under Help in GUIDE.

I hope this helps but if not please don't hesitate to send in your issue to plus+1helpdesk@danfoss.com

Best regards
Nilla
PLUS+1 Helpdesk Team
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 01:25:02 PM by Nilla »

Offline Marbek_Elektronik

• PLUS+1 Guru
    • Marbek Elektronik
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 01:47:05 PM »
I'm thinking about using Guide 9 in next project. Actually we use 8.0.5.

Are there many advantages by using Guide 9 ?
We have to program DP610 and DP7xx.
Marbek Elektronik, Dipl.-Ing. Bernd Konrad
Dienstleistung, Entwicklung, Herstellung

Offline Chris W

• PLUS+1 Developer
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2016, 02:46:52 PM »
We've made some nice productivity improvements with version 9.0, and we have some additional enhancements to the screen editor planned for our spring release (est. April 2017).  Check it out and let us know what you think!

Display Editor Enhancements
- Non-Modal Vector Based Screen Editor with tabs
The non-modal editor simply means that you can work in both the GUIDE code editor and the screen editor at the same time. This is a big productivity enhancement for users with two monitors!
- Tabbed Editor
The screen editor now allows for multiple screen definitions to be open within a single editor window in a tabbed format. Again, this is a big productivity enhancement so users can keep multiple screens open.
- Search and Replace
Arguably the biggest improvement to the screen editor is the addition of the search and replace. You can now easily search through your project for screen content (fonts, text, images, etc.) and most of it can even be replaced. This means that if you want to swap out an image that is on several different screens, you can now do it in a single operation. This is a big time saver!

Offline oiltronic

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2016, 03:18:18 PM »
Marbek, I just finished a large DP700 project with 9.0 and I think the switch to 9.0 is worth it, mainly because I can edit all the screen and the main program at the same time.  You no longer have to close the screen edit window to work on the main program, and all the screen can be worked on at once just by switching tabs.   Not only does this let you make changes to any part of the program or screen without closing anything, but you can also signals to the vector screen editor's input bus.  Just don't use too many sub-buses or the signals get messed up (there's a bug or two).

You can also have more than one Module Viewer window open, which has also been useful to me a few times.

I have not had any benefit from the new search & replace.  It cannot replace anything inside the main program, which is where I usually need to do the searching & replacing, and I find the interface really cumbersome.  I've worked with many S&R windows from many different IDEs, and this is particular wheel seems like a whole new invention.

Offline Marbek_Elektronik

• PLUS+1 Guru
    • Marbek Elektronik
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2016, 09:00:09 PM »
Thanks for your answers!

In 8.0.5 it is also possible to open more than one Module Viewer.
But you can't see a screen.

Is this possible in 9.0?
Marbek Elektronik, Dipl.-Ing. Bernd Konrad
Dienstleistung, Entwicklung, Herstellung

Offline oiltronic

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2016, 09:04:11 PM »
No, the module viewer in 9.0 cannot view screens, unfortunately.

Offline Chris W

• PLUS+1 Developer
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2016, 09:47:19 PM »
Since the Module Viewer is now technically a stand-alone tool, you can associate it as the default application for Windows to open SCS files.  This is a pretty fast way to open up multiple SCS files since it will open fast than GUIDE.