PLUS+1 Hardware > Displays

download file via USB Host

<< < (2/2)

jashom1:
The front USB (host) is only for the monitor to download the application log to a USB drive (the same as the cable that connects to the rear)

The cable also has a device plug from the rear cable that can plug into a laptop for the service tool, which is about the same speed as the CG150.

The initial download is slow as it (most likely) is downloading the operating system as well.  I have found if there are no other devices on the CAN bus it will download a bit faster.

Hope this helps.

John.

sampler:
I will just add that it is a program that takes up a lot of data. The lhx file is over 15 MB. It contains a lot of graphics and an extensive algorithm.
After unpacking in Guide, the data is over 60 MB.
So I asked about the option included in the documentation: USB port for fast software downloads and uploads.
So I understand that I need to connect to a PC with a cable?
There is no option to download the software directly from the stick?

Marbek_Elektronik:
We have DP610 and DP700 and yes, the first time takes about 10 or 15 minutes.
Downloading with CG150 takes about 8 minutes. (large program)
Downloading via USB-cable (back, not at the front) is about 1 minute, much faster and you can choose "only display" and/or "CAN1 and CAN0 at the same time.
unfortunately it doesn't work now, because of problems of device drivers in Win10, but normally it should work.

Front USV-connector ist a USB host connection, not for connection to pc, only stick. You can't download here.

sampler:
Thank you for your answer. Does it work properly with the winxp or win7 drivers?

Marbek_Elektronik:
yes and it works also with the win10 driver, but not on my computers :-(
Try it with your computer!
Good luck!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version