Author Topic: CAN bus addresses  (Read 6496 times)

ET

CAN bus addresses
« on: June 26, 2012, 05:14:49 PM »
What programs are needed to get the CAN bus addresses of any/all devices on the bus, and reassign the addresses?

I've got DP600 screens, MC050-10 controllers, series 4 PVED-CC electrohydraulic actuators, and some miscelaneous IO modules all on the bus.
I've taught myself enough of the GUIDE environment that I'm now ready to get these things talking to each other, and actually controlling hardware.
I haven't seen anywhere in GUIDE or the service tool or their documentation anything about checking/reassigning CAN bus addresses.

Offline Jakob

• PLUS+1 Expert
Re: CAN bus addresses
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 09:47:30 AM »
CAN-king is the first that I would use for checking what is happening on the bus.

Offline hproffitt

• PLUS+1 Developer
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 09:29:27 PM »
ET-

The service tool program will show you the Net Number and Node ID of any Sauer-Danfoss component that is on the bus; however if you have more than one module with the same Node ID, it will only show one.

The Node ID is on the top page of the program in the "Unit_Config" area.  Each module on the bus must have a unique Node ID.  If your bus contains more than one of the same controller, then I would unplug the controllers of the same kind when downloading the first time with the Node IDs changed.  Once they have been downloaded to with new Node IDs, you do not have to unplug the others for each download.

Is this what you were referring to, or are you looking more for the CAN message-level addressing?

ET

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 04:23:40 PM »
I refer you to the newer thread which has more details of what I need:
http://www.sauer-danfoss-plus1.com/index.php?topic=339
Most importantly, I need to be able to change the CAN bus address that are used by devices X, Y, Z when they use the CAN bus.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 04:39:56 PM by ET »