PLUS+1 Software > Telematics

SIM cards and configuration

<< < (2/3) > >>

Nilla:
Hi Mikeaa12!

I would be happy to help you out if you could send us more details to plus+1helpdesk@danfoss.com;

- I guess you are in the United States? Which one of the network providers did you choose in the list (see picture)? 
- Which LED on your WS403 is flashing?
- Are the sims using CDMA, GSM/GPRS/EDGE or UMTS/HSDPA?

Best regards
Nilla
PLUS+1 Helpdesk team

Nilla:
Hi all!

The configuration info below is what’s necessary, some or all of the fields may be left blank. In general, if you don’t know\have the value, leave the variable blank.  You should be able to get this info from the SIM card supplier.

* SIM PIN
* Network Code
* ISP Username
* ISP Password
* Primary DNS
* Secondary DNS
* APN
* SMS Service Center
There is a database of suppliers in the configuration tool, but it’s always good to ask when you buy the card. These settings can be configured individually when the automatically populated ones are not available, simply choose the variable, input the new value, and choose Download All Entries.

Best regards
Nilla
PLUS+1 Helpdesk team

FluidPowerTom:
Nilla, that's handy to have that list of required parameters.  Thanks

Mike AA:
FStelzer,

What SIM card have you been using? I grabbed and setup a NET10 GSM sim card labeled to work for AT&T and haven't been able to get any configurations to work.

Thanks,
Mike

//Edit I got the SIM card to configure to the point it is flashing single green then solid green. Seems to want to connect but not fully connecting to the server... Still working on this part.

Beezkneez:
Hello all,

Which SIM card/SIM carrier would be recommended for speed? I see and understand that GSM is the only option but does not that mean that 3G is the fastest network speed the Telematics device is capable of? We have been using the WS-503 unit and supplying them with the Proemion sold "M2M air" SIM card. Reading online that UMTS is supposed to be much faster download speeds than GSM

Thanks,

Jake

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version