Author Topic: State Brake  (Read 6012 times)

Offline drlageng

• PLUS+1 Developer
State Brake
« on: June 05, 2013, 05:54:30 PM »
I was hoping that someone might be able to explain the State Brake Function for me.  In what kind of application would you use this?  A propel application?  I'm having a hard time understanding the explanation in the Basic Function Block document.  What happens when you want to brake when going in reverse because technically the output would then INCREASE from -10000 to 0?  The other ramp functions are worded similarly and don't really help me figure this one out.

Examples would be helpful in any explanation.  Thanks.

jsaluk

Re: State Brake
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 08:26:12 PM »
The State brake has a single accel parameter which is the rate of change when increasing signal in forward or reverse.
Decel Neutral is hte rate used when the command goes to neutral
Decel coast is the decel rate when slowing down - redcuing command toward neutral.
Not sure how Decel Ntrl and Decel Coast interact so I usually set these the same.
Decel direction change - block must sense that command has gone thru neutral and would change from the coast or neutral rate until it passes thru neutral and then goes to accel rate.  Again not sure how the three rates interact and I tend to set the values the same - one decel rate for these conditions
DEcel Brake is the rate when the brake is applied and generally very short time - I interpret Brake Apply as an urgent condition and stop fast.
Hope this helps a bit