Author Topic: E268 Access Denied to ECU application without tool Key  (Read 6725 times)

Offline Jpshockster

• PLUS+1 Developer
    • Landoll
E268 Access Denied to ECU application without tool Key
« on: October 17, 2017, 04:44:31 PM »
Have a customer that has another manufacturers equipment that has tool key however our application does not, when we try to connect using our diagnostic file is gives us the access denied error.  i have tried installing another instance of guide service tool of an earlier revision and removing the tool key and still can not gain access.  it scans our controller and shows our software is loaded into the controller so I am stuck.  any help would be greatly appreciated

Offline Nilla

• PLUS+1 Guru
Re: E268 Access Denied to ECU application without tool Key
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 01:27:07 PM »
Hi Jpshockster!

If you haven't already got help from our PLUS+1 Helpdesk I would like to ask you to respond to the questions below and send that in together with your application program in .p1p-format for us to have a look at to plus+1helpdesk@danfoss.com.

What version of Service Tool (ST) are you using?
Are you able to connect at all via ST to your hardware?
Have you terminated your CAN bus?
Which gateway have you chosen? Check Communication -> Gateway. Also check that the user has the right Protocol installed. 
Do you have more than one CAN bus and in that case have you made sure you are connected to one that is able to perform download?
Are you trying to download to more than one unit at a time? In that case start by doing one at a time.
Is the Danfoss hardware and the other manufacturers hardware on the same CAN bus?
A Copy ECU list to clipboard would be good to have from you to see what you are connecting to and what is installed (found by right clicking on ECU list in ST)
Also a screen dump of how ST looks when this issue happens would be good.

Best regards
Nilla
PLUS+1 Helpdesk

Offline Jpshockster

• PLUS+1 Developer
    • Landoll
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 04:44:52 PM »
It appears that the tool key for the the other manufacturer is embedded into the license key for service tool.  I installed an earlier version of service tool so as not to impair the dealer from using their existing service tool with the other manufacturers vehicle. Using the earlier version of service tool I un checked the license in license manager and connected to our control system just fine.  Now the question is "How to provide the dealers with one service tool that works with multiple manufacturers under the old licensing for service tool."  I do not have access to test any of my thoughts.  but simply put.....

Manufacturer "A" has application with tool key embedded into license, it also shows up under the "Options tab in tool key"
Manufacturer "B" does not have a tool key for their application
Manufacturer "A" provided the dealer with the service tool application back when a license was needed for service tool, the license has a tool key embedded
Dealer then purchased a machine from Manufacturer "B" and tried to use the diagnostic file provided with the machine on their existing service tool installation at this point they received the attached message.

Offline Nilla

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 09:15:48 AM »
Hi Jpshockster!

To me it looks like manufacturer A is using our License administration tool to create his own licenses. When doing that he has checked a box that it should only be possible to connect to ECU's that has application/diagnostic file that uses tool key.

Either you solve this by unchecking the license in the license manager as you described you did or manufacturer A needs to update his license to not include a tool key and instead use tool key per application/diagnostic file.

I've sent you an email with a picture of where in the license administration tool manufacturer A needs to do the change.

I hope this helps!

Best regards
Nilla
PLUS+1 Helpdesk team