Author Topic: 3G Sunset  (Read 3094 times)

Offline Scott_MARL

• PLUS+1 Developer
3G Sunset
« on: October 22, 2021, 12:35:54 AM »
Looking for confirmation of what to expect with 3G sunset.
When solving connection issues with Proemium while using a private carrier, they said 3G devices (such as WS403 and WS503) will not work past the dates listed below.

Start dates for wireless carries 3G being depreciated
  • AT&T: February 2022
  • Verizon: December 2022
  • Tmobile - Sprint: July 2022
In Canada
  • Telus: May 2022
  • Bell: April 2019
  • Rogers: June 2021

I have a fleet outfitted with WS403's and trying to determine the best way forward. Is the Danfoss Connect Portal fully functional and an API in place to pull data to our own web service?
This may not be the best place to ask, would our local distributor have this info yet or do I need to go direct to Danfoss?
MARL Technologies

Offline Tor

• Administrator
  • PLUS+1 Guru
Re: 3G Sunset
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2021, 09:31:58 AM »
Hi Scott_MARL,

I have sent your question to the responsible persons for this.
If you don't got any response here within the next week, please contact your distributor or Danfoss connection.

With that said.
I think the way forward for you is the CS500. I believe that checks all the boxes you wrote in your post.
But I believe you should talk to someone who knows the product better than me.

Have a nice day.
Best regards,
Tor
PLUS+1® SW PAE Team

Offline jlindholm

• Administrator
  • PLUS+1 Developer
Re: 3G Sunset
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2021, 10:02:49 AM »
Hello Scott.
I think you could take a look at the PLUS+1 Connect here,https://www.danfoss.com/en/markets/mobile-hydraulics/dps/connectivity-solutions/#tab-overview
or if you don't already have a DIP account create one here and log in to PLUS+1 Connect and take a look, https://plus1connect.danfoss.com.
There is an API in place. I know Palfinger uses this API to pull data to their own web service.

BR
Jonas