Author Topic: Actual total cost of a Telematics solution  (Read 3036 times)

Offline G30RG3

• PLUS+1 Expert
Actual total cost of a Telematics solution
« on: February 24, 2022, 06:21:09 PM »
Hi all

I've got a few doubts about investing in telematics products.
One is caused by not knowing the cost per machine for a basic package that tells me location, workload, a few temperature-windows and a few pressure-windows within short intervals (like every 10 minutes an update on GPS and 10 sensor values)
I know the cost of the needed hardware, seems a CS100 would suffice, and I know I'll need a data service plan, but how much data would i take?
Is the telecom operator cost included in the service plan? Are there geographic boundaries to these plans?
A second question: what latency can I expect on the data becoming available?  How real-time is real time?

Offline FluidPowerTom

• PLUS+1 Guru
Re: Actual total cost of a Telematics solution
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2022, 05:31:36 PM »
I can answer a few of those questions.  When you configure the unit on the CONNECT portal it will tell you the estimated data usage based on your configuration of what you want to log and how often.

As far as I know the data plans are international, and there is no additional cost for the telecom operator.  That's covered in the data plan.

In my limited experience the fastest update rate I see is about 2 seconds.  Don't expect it to really feel like real time high speed data logging.  It's a series of snapshots.
Controls Engineer
Hydra-Power Systems