Author Topic: Change params from a display instead of from Service Tool  (Read 1086 times)

Offline Hanshamsjel

• PLUS+1 Novice
Change params from a display instead of from Service Tool
« on: April 25, 2023, 12:06:29 PM »
Hi,
often there is a p1d file to interact with a system component (pump/valve controller, etc)and that's where you set parameters, e.g. for tuning and limits. Is it possible to do this from a display instead ? What I mean is to send some sort of message in the same format as Service tool does. Or is it hard coded already, that a certain component controller will only communicate with Service Tool ?
Cheers
Hans

Offline Fredrick

• PLUS+1 Developer
Re: Change params from a display instead of from Service Tool
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2023, 02:53:59 PM »
Yes, you could set parameters from a display or via other buttons.
Just use the Non-volatile Memory component instead

Offline Scott_MARL

• PLUS+1 Developer
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2023, 11:06:21 PM »
As Fredrick said you can set these parameters through a memory address but depending on your usage, this can use up the write limit on those memory blocks.

For all control blocks I know of, you can set the values through regular wire variable. The method we use is using a value-connect component, with an initialize component. This works well for us because we have generic constants for parameters that will get live updates to tune the value in a calibration.
MARL Technologies

Offline Hanshamsjel

• PLUS+1 Novice
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2023, 10:58:58 AM »
Hi, thanks for your replies. However, I am not sure this is what I need (?)
When setting some controller parameters (e.g. a PI gain) from Service Tool, there must be a CAN(?) message from Service Tool to a specific controller, with the information. I am basically trying to imitate Service Tool, I want to send the information from my display instead. But what protocol is Service Tool using ?

Offline Fredrick

• PLUS+1 Developer
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2023, 05:57:46 PM »
Hi, thanks for your replies. However, I am not sure this is what I need (?)
When setting some controller parameters (e.g. a PI gain) from Service Tool, there must be a CAN(?) message from Service Tool to a specific controller, with the information. I am basically trying to imitate Service Tool, I want to send the information from my display instead. But what protocol is Service Tool using ?

My guess is that ServiceTool using the KWP2000 or the UDS protocol when communicating with the PLUS+1 ECU.

But I think it is easier if you save and send the values from the display or set the values from the display and store them in the ECU.
To do that by imitating ServicTool will require a lot of code.

How many parameters does it concern?
If 1000+ I would still try do it with the Non-Volatile Memory component.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 06:14:21 PM by Fredrick »