Author Topic: DP570 goes blank after startup  (Read 6175 times)

Offline drlageng

• PLUS+1 Developer
DP570 goes blank after startup
« on: July 12, 2017, 01:46:31 AM »
Hello All,

I have a DP570 that goes blank after startup.  When the unit was new out of the box the "Danfoss" logo would appear just like any brand new unit.  As soon as I installed my program it goes blank after startup.  The little clock appears, but then goes blank.

I developed this program on a prototype machine with a DP570 with a camera input and had no problems like this.  After prototyping we decided we didn't need a camera input so production units do have it.  I changed the hardware API within my program accordingly, but now I have this problem.  I must have done something wrong in this process.  Any ideas what I did wrong?  Your help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Offline Marbek_Elektronik

• PLUS+1 Guru
    • Marbek Elektronik
Re: DP570 goes blank after startup
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 08:43:42 AM »
What about back light? Is it more than 30%, 50%?
Marbek Elektronik, Dipl.-Ing. Bernd Konrad
Dienstleistung, Entwicklung, Herstellung

Offline Daniel

• PLUS+1 Expert
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 02:26:42 PM »
Hi

Yes, that could be it. Maybe you had a NV parameter for the backlight and had it set to a value on your old device. Now when you have the new device the value is by default 0 for that NV until you change it.

If you don't find a solution, please send your application to plus+1helpdesk@danfoss.com, then we could have a look.

Best Regards
Daniel
PLUS+1® Helpdesk
PLUS+1® Help Desk Team

Offline FluidPowerTom

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 05:26:09 PM »
I had an issue like this with a DP570 quite a while back, and it was an issue related to ambient temperature.  Danfoss revised the .hwd file to fix it.  Is the .hwd template you used over a couple of years old, and is ambient temperature down around freezing?
Controls Engineer
Hydra-Power Systems

Offline drlageng

• PLUS+1 Developer
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 05:47:13 PM »
Thanks for all the replies and ideas!

It was the backlight.  I discovered an error in my logic when setting the default parameter for the backlight, so after an initial install the parameter was set to zero.  I have fixed my error and now the correct default parameter gets set.

Thanks again for your help!