Author Topic: reset by software DP610  (Read 5265 times)

Offline pinias

• PLUS+1 Guru
reset by software DP610
« on: March 13, 2014, 04:43:59 PM »
Hello There.

I need to make a reset by software in a DP610. I mean reset everything in the display or if at least I can reset the buffer of the CAN receiver should be good.

I have looked at the manual and I do not see any way to do that.

does any one have done something about?

what could be an advise to do it?

I appreciate any help

Antonio

Offline Richard

• PLUS+1 Expert
    • Textron
Re: reset by software DP610
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 10:11:05 AM »
Hi,

Is it parameters in the EEprom you want to reset or are you wanting to restart the controller without a power down?  If it's the EEproms then you can use the 'NV memory dynamic with default' component and a trigger in the software can reset them to any desired value.

Hope this helps.

Richard

Offline oiltronic

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 08:26:47 PM »
I use a bit flag in a CAN message from a master controller (i.e. MC050) to the screen to reset the screen contents when the MC050 is reset due for whatever reason, such as emergency stop killing its power but not the screen power.

By "reset the buffer of the CAN receiver" did you mean to flush any unprocessed messages?  If so, how about a switch that selects default values instead of the CAN inputs until a timer expires, maybe triggered by the reception of a fresh message?  I sometimes do this if messages are not received at the screen after a certain length of time.

Did you dig into the Unit_Config page that's on the top level of the application?  It also explains how & when the CAN bus and driver are reset.

Offline pinias

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 05:17:58 PM »
Hey Oiltronic,

It sounds you got the same case I got. The MC050 is powered from a different source than the Display and there is the problem. The MC050 is kill by the emergency switch but the display. so it keeps its current state

I have a timer based on the flag of the CAN bus message received so that it triggers another state of my inputs (a state that will reset my variables) if the CAN message does not get updated after some time however for some reason it just do not work as expected.

Right now my firmware is quite long becuase the display is capable to control/monitor 3 different equipments, so depending on the firmware controller It enables some screens to control a diesel hydraulic powerpack, or an electric hydraulic powerpack or to interact with a display from another manufacturer, I guess is something in my logic that is not all ok when the reset of variables should be done at a given state.

So far the solution was to power up both the display and the controller from the same source and everything works fine but I still wonder why the flag from the CAN message receiver is not working as expected.

I appreciate your inputs on this.

Regards

Antonio

Offline spittet

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 09:32:38 PM »
Why not use the "Updated" port of the "CAN RX" block? This signal is true each time a CAN message of the selected ID is received. If this signal isn't true after a certain delay, then set all the values received by CAN to 0 (or to a default value) using a boolean controlled switch.

On the controller side, simply build a can TX block of a certain ID and send this CAN message let say each seconds. On the display side, if this CAN message isn't received after 2 seconds, set all CAN received values to zero.

Sam