Author Topic: DP600 label  (Read 4275 times)

Offline pinias

• PLUS+1 Guru
DP600 label
« on: April 17, 2013, 10:32:31 PM »
Hello there,

This may be an easy thing to do, however I do not know how.
Here is the issue:

I started a firmware for a DP600  a year ago so when I downloaded the firmware by first time the DP600 was labeled with a tag for instance "Machine_X_firmware"(Name of my PIP file)

So I have done many revisions and when I go to the machine, plug the CG150 and start the Service Tool the CAN BUS is scanned and the DP600 is found as a Machine_X_Firmare so I download the latest revisión once it is done the Bus is scanned and the DP600 is found as a Machine_X_Firmware.
ok what I would like to do is everytime that I download a revisión of the same firmware the DP600 must be re labeled as per lastest revisión for instance Machine_X_firmaware_REV_X.

If I save the PIP file with the new name I want  It is posible however when I download the firmware to the DP600 it is labeled according with the original name of the PIP file.

Does any body knows how to avoid that?

in other words how can I make a copy of a PIP file and get the device labeled and seen in the CAB BUS as per the new PIP file  name?

I really appreciate your feedback

Antonio

Offline Neil

• PLUS+1 Expert
Re: DP600 label
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 07:18:30 AM »
Hello there Antonio

here is a method I use for controlling versions.

regards Neil
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 07:25:02 AM by Neil »

Offline pinias

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 03:15:31 PM »
 :)

Thanks Neil, I appreciate I owe to you 1 Corona

Regards

Antonio

Offline Neil

• PLUS+1 Expert
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 06:05:23 AM »
No Worries Antonio.

Another useful method I sometimes use is to add a readme file for the technician who is carrying out a download.
This could inform him of the changes he can expect from the new download and or the version that is about to be used.

Search the GUIDE help file (F1) “How to Add a Readme File to an LHX File”

This places a readme file in the download area of the service tool as described.

Regards Neil.