PLUS+1 Hardware > Displays

Simulator

(1/3) > >>

radioact:
I see no better place for this post so I will post it here.

Can the simulator only simulate the DP600 display, or are there hwd files out there for other hardware. DP200 would be nice to have...

On second thought, do many people use the simulator or just compile, download, test?

Tyler

Stefan:
Hello,

The simulator only works for DP600 and DP610 today (the HWD for DP600 will work for DP610 also). There will be more simulator-HWD's in the future but I don't know when.

Stefan

radioact:
Good to know,

Ok so how do i make the simulator work for the DP610? What I did was start a new project, drop in the DP610 hardware and template, the follow the instructions to replace the DP610 hardware with the simulator one and the code will not compile. Here is the error:

----------------  Application Error Information Pass1 UNTITLED ----------------

*** ERROR 76 ***  [GLINK]   INDEX OUT OF RANGE, SIGNAL: ID.Net[1].Addr, FILE: DP610T.EXR
---
Search results for: ID.Net[1].Addr:
   Occurrence #1:
      DP610T!TOP!Unit_Config!CAN1_Settings (305,208)
---

*** ERROR 76 ***  [GLINK]   INDEX OUT OF RANGE, SIGNAL: ID.Net[2].Addr, FILE: DP610T.EXR
---
Search results for: ID.Net[2].Addr:
   Occurrence #1:
      DP610T!TOP!Unit_Config (295,72)
---

==================== Error information from DP610T ====================

Looks like something to do with the CAN bus, but do not know enough about it to figure it out yet. Any ideas?

Thanks
Tyler

Stefan:
Hello,

The 2 signals you see in the error code (ID.Net[1].Addr and ID.Net[2].Addr) are not accessible from the program in the HWD for the simulator. They are accessible in later HWD's for DP6xx and therefore they are implemented in the newer templates. When you try to compile a newer template with the simulator HWD, this errors occurs.

You need to delete them from the template (see below). When you delete them, they will get their default values (see below). You can also find this information in the API-specification for DP6xx.

Default settings:
ID.Net[1].Addr - 1. Net number in the node ID for CAN[1]. (Service Tool)
ID.Net[2].Addr - 0. Net number in the node ID for USB. (Service Tool)

You will find ID.Net[1].Addr in Unit_Config/CAN1_Settings:

You will find ID.Net[2].Addr in Unit_Config:

Best regards
Stefan

Federico:
Hola Tyler,
Yo lo resuelvo copiando el bloque ( Unit_Config ) de un proyecto con DP600 y pegar en el proyecto del simulador con DP610,
Saludos Cordiales.

Hi Tyler,
I resolve to copying the block (Unit_Config) of a project with DP600 and paste into the simulator project with DP 610,
Best regards.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version