Author Topic: Unit not working  (Read 3130 times)

Offline Jim

• PLUS+1 Novice
Unit not working
« on: November 19, 2019, 01:33:39 PM »
Good morning. I have this unit in one of are rigs and i'm trying to figure out an issue with it. at lest i think the problem is with it. when i turn the key on the plus 1 unit does one red flash and shuts off there is a green light that comes on too but it shuts off as well. There is a Murphy safety system on it the rig but i have disabled it to make sure that was not the issue. One last thing the screen say external shutdown.

Offline Nilla

• PLUS+1 Guru
Re: Unit not working
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 03:32:47 PM »
Hi Jim!

Normally, for this type of issue I recommend you to send it to plus+1helpdesk@danfoss.com to get help. But the pictures in this case only tells me this is possibly a MC038 or MC050 but nothing more on other units on the machine, what application is used, error messaging etc. I think you need to contact the dealer of the machine first, they might have the solution for you.

Best regards
Nilla
PLUS+1 Helpdesk team

Offline Jim

• PLUS+1 Novice
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 03:41:49 PM »
it is on a Kubota engine. The error message is external shutdown. I have been in contact with the dealer for two weeks now and thy are not having much luck in figuring out the issue.

Offline FluidPowerTom

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 06:44:40 PM »
I'd start by verifying that the PLUS1 controller is continuing to receive power.  As was already said I think to do any in-depth troubleshooting we'd need to know more about your application.  For example, you haven't given any information that could clue anyone in as to what, if anything, the PLUS1 controller has to do with the Kubota.  Are they connected?
Controls Engineer
Hydra-Power Systems

Offline Jim

• PLUS+1 Novice
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2019, 11:59:29 AM »
I have gotten in contact with a Kubota dealer thy are helping me out. thanks for your time and sorry i'm not the best at explaining the issue it's all kinda new to me.

Offline FluidPowerTom

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 05:35:52 PM »
All good.  Your local distributor should have some expert(s) that can help get you comfortable with PLUS1 and automation as well.
Controls Engineer
Hydra-Power Systems