Author Topic: MC 024-110 Unable to connect in Service Tool  (Read 8646 times)

Offline MilanP

• PLUS+1 Novice
MC 024-110 Unable to connect in Service Tool
« on: May 01, 2019, 04:45:45 PM »
Hello
I'm working on a project, where I'm using a Prof1 CAN joystick and a MC 024-110 to control my PVEHs on my PVG
However, when I try to connect my gateway to download the program to the microcontroller,
I can't find any ECUs and the connection says "Disconnected"
I've set the baudrate to the default value and use
the connection gateway that appears when I plug in my CG150-2 Gateway, "CG150-2 #0".
it's not exactly an expert installation, so it's a bit tough to figure out what's wrong.

It's been wired according to the wiring diagrams attached.
Only one terminating ressistor was a choice by the technician who made the wiring.
and the system is set to a powersupply with 12 V, with a common ground.
pictures of the wiring have also been attached, if they can help.

I'd like to either:
A: Know what the issue is with my setup or
B: Know how Propper wiring should've been done. (Preferably with diagrams)

Appoligies for the very "newb" question and thanks in advance.

Offline FluidPowerTom

• PLUS+1 Guru
Re: MC 024-110 Unable to connect in Service Tool
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 05:37:19 PM »
Does the gateway say CG-150 #0 Channel 0, or does it say the word "Virtual" in there?  If it does say "Virtual" then you need to go up to the Communication drop down, go to Gateway->CG-150, and select from the top of the list the one that does not have "Virtual" in the name.
Controls Engineer
Hydra-Power Systems

Offline jashom1

• PLUS+1 Expert
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 05:26:55 AM »
I am going to ask a really silly question here, your wiring diagram looks like the CAN+ and CAN- wires are joined together at the end of the bus, is this how it is?  They should not be shorted together.  Otherwise your wiring diagrams look fine.

Your not in "offline" mode are you?

Cheers,

John.

Offline FStelzer

• PLUS+1 Expert
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2019, 09:02:59 AM »
If it's a Prof1 CAN joystick (CANopen), the standard baudrate ist 125k. The controller has standard 250k.
Try to disconnect the joystick and look in the Service Tool if the status change to connected - otherwise you have to doublecheck the wiring or if the driver of the CG150-2 is installed on your PC.

Regards,
FStelzer

Offline MilanP

• PLUS+1 Novice
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2019, 12:14:39 PM »
Does the gateway say CG-150 #0 Channel 0, or does it say the word "Virtual" in there?  If it does say "Virtual" then you need to go up to the Communication drop down, go to Gateway->CG-150, and select from the top of the list the one that does not have "Virtual" in the name.

No it just says CG150-2 #0
I noticed the virtual on the other gateways and figured they weren't what I wanted.

I am going to ask a really silly question here, your wiring diagram looks like the CAN+ and CAN- wires are joined together at the end of the bus, is this how it is?  They should not be shorted together.  Otherwise your wiring diagrams look fine.

Your not in "offline" mode are you?

Cheers,

John.

I was unsure about that aswell, I've gotten in contact with the technician, to clarify.
he's told me he wired it as shown without the CAN+ and CAN- shorting together.
and that all power supply plusses and minuses are connected together in one for + and -.
I'm in online mode.

If it's a Prof1 CAN joystick (CANopen), the standard baudrate ist 125k. The controller has standard 250k.
Try to disconnect the joystick and look in the Service Tool if the status change to connected - otherwise you have to doublecheck the wiring or if the driver of the CG150-2 is installed on your PC.

Regards,
FStelzer

I tried disconnecting the joystick, it didn't seem to help.
It seems to be the driver, (I installed the CG 150 firmware update tool, and it can't find the CG150-2)
Where can I download the driver?
I downloaded PLUS+1® GUIDE Drivers v2.1.10  from Danfoss' homepage
https://www.danfoss.com/en/products/software/dps/plus1-software/#tab-overview.
and when I try to install it now it gives me this message:
"Setup detects that Plus +1 GUIDE drivers (version 2.1.11) are already installed in the folder.."
So I assumed I had all the drivers I needed

Offline Nilla

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2019, 10:03:19 AM »
Hi MilanP!

Have your issue been resolved?

- CG 150 firmware update tool is only valid for CG150, not CG150-2. Drivers with v2.1.11 are the latest ones and should be used.
- As FStelzer is pointing out there are some different baudrates to use. Please try them all if you don't have access to the application to check what it's set to.
- What version of Service tool are you using?
- What protocols do you have installed? Check under Communication -> Protocols that you have PLUS+1 and UDS installed and checked.
- Have you ever had an established connection to this unit meaning this has worked before but not any longer?
- Is the MC024-110 a brand new unit or an old one?

If this doesn't solve your issue please contact plus+1helpdesk@danfoss.com with answers to the above questions for more help in the matter.

Best regards
Nilla
PLUS+1 Helpdesk team

Offline G30RG3

• PLUS+1 Expert
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2019, 09:34:32 AM »
To start, I'd advise to connect a scope on the CANbus: You'll know instantly the baudrate , (if there is communication at all)
and you'll see what component is disturbing communication by unplugging one at a time until you see clean blocks.