Author Topic: Project creating help needed.  (Read 15692 times)

Offline Wireloom OY

• PLUS+1 Novice
Project creating help needed.
« on: May 22, 2018, 02:05:40 PM »
Hello,

Our company is new user of Plus+1 Guide and Danfoss hydraulic components.
We need to build up project for our forest crane operating for Danfoss valves. We use 2 PROF1 yoystics + MC024 controller + 8 PVEA actuators.
I am beginner on programming field. I passed free e-learning courses.

I already started with project but need somebody to assist me to look project over and help to find weak points.

With best regards,

Kristjan

Offline FluidPowerTom

• PLUS+1 Guru
Re: Project creating help needed.
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 06:54:05 PM »
I really haven't got time to look anything over, but I can offer some advice.  First, I recommend going through the tutorials in the GUIDE user manual starting on page 502.  The e-learned, sadly, is very much outdated in many ways. 

Next, use the Service Tool to monitor input from your joystick (CAN or no?).  If it is a CAN joystick then you'll want to get the Compliance block for it to make it easier to pick up the X and Y axis.  Then you'll want to get the Compliance block for the PVEA actuator.  These compliance blocks have a user manual that you'll want to at least skim.  Also the technical manual for your PVEA will indicate how to wire it and what sort of signal it needs (10% to 90% of battery voltage I think).  Following all that, see if you can get one joystick axis to drive one PVEA and go from there.
Controls Engineer
Hydra-Power Systems

Offline Wireloom OY

• PLUS+1 Novice
Re: Project creating help needed.
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 09:45:35 AM »
Hello Tom,

Thank You very much for You time to give advice.
Yes we use CAN joysticks. I will go through the manual, go forward with blocks and try to get first actions to move.

With best regards,
Kristjan