Author Topic: SC050 examples  (Read 1639 times)

Offline gregbosma

• PLUS+1 User
SC050 examples
« on: December 05, 2022, 09:23:29 PM »
I'm trying to understand how SC050's work with two processors. Could anyone share an example program I can navigate through and learn from?

Offline Tor

• Administrator
  • PLUS+1 Guru
Re: SC050 examples
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2022, 11:34:10 AM »
Hello,

I'm sorry, but I don't have an example for you, only some information.

The big/simple picture...
In most cases, you can see the SC controller as a regular controller.
The secondary processor is there to check that the first processor is working correct (to achieve SIL2) and shut down the outputs if it's not. This is already done in the background, without you adding any logic.
The only thing you have to do is to keep them updated with the same version of HWD (OS).

For more advanced operations I recommend reading the safety manual.
https://assets.danfoss.com/documents/157107/BC152986482864en-000701.pdf

This document can also be found in the Misc folder for the unit in the hardware tab in PLUS+1 GUIDE.

I hope it helps

Best regards,
Tor
PLUS+1® SW PAE Team

Offline macbahi

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2023, 11:39:05 PM »
Hello Tor,

Thank you very much for your information:
The secondary processor is there to check that the first processor is working correct (to achieve SIL2) and shut down the outputs if it's not. This is already done in the background, without you adding any logic.

But please If I want use the secondary as redundant processor, Is it possible to do that?
As example if there is any problem with an output in the primary processor, normally the controller will switch to the secondary processor to keep the output available.

Thanks in advance for your help

With best regards

Offline Tor

• Administrator
  • PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2023, 07:10:28 AM »
Hello,

No, you cannot use the secondary processor as a redundant unit if the first one breaks down. If you look at the template for the secondary you only have "DisableOutput" as a signal out.
What you can do is to have your own code in the secondary processor to monitor specific safety functions that can shut down the output.  But again, I recommend you to read the safety manual before doing so.

Have a nice day.
Best regards,
Tor
PLUS+1® SW PAE Team

Offline macbahi

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2023, 03:12:51 PM »
Hello Tor

Thank you very much sir.

It's a shame because I thought the controller was redundant.

Now please if an output is enabled on the primary but I don't want it to be conditioned on the secondary. I can do False DisableOutput. If there is a problem, can the primary do its safety job despite the secondary output Disableoutput being forced to False.

Please my last question: is it possible to do the test. In other words, how to be convinced that SIL2 is done.

Thanks
Cordially