Author Topic: Excel & service tools  (Read 2040 times)

Offline macbahi

• PLUS+1 Guru
Excel & service tools
« on: February 18, 2022, 05:42:50 PM »
HI!!

Please is-it possible to read or import data from excel to many NVM parameters in service-tools?
Now I enter one by one using standard parameter but using excel it's will be more easy.
Please have-you any idea to do that.

Thanks in advance for your help
Mac bahi

Offline Tor

• Administrator
  • PLUS+1 Guru
Re: Excel & service tools
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2022, 10:34:43 AM »
Hello Mac bahi,

It is probably possible, but have not found a good way to export the parameters from Service tool as XML, open it in Excel and edit it, and getting it back to a XML to import it to Service Tool.

My M.O. is usually to Export it as an XML (using "File export" in the Parameter menu), open it in Notepad/Notepad++ for edit, save it and import it (using "File import" in the Parameter menu) to Service Tool. Don't forget to download the parameters to the unit.
This is the easiest and fastest way to edit a lot of parameters. In my opinion.

Have a nice day
Best regards,
Tor
PLUS+1® SW PAE Team

Offline Matt_Eng

• PLUS+1 Developer
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2022, 04:41:55 PM »
Hi Mac bahi,

I've done this before when I had related configuration parameters. I use a basic parameter page to add the parameters I care about, and then I perform the Parameter File Export Tor mentioned.

The excel part is a little tricky but here are the steps.
1. Have a blank excel sheet open and drag the exported parameter xml file onto the work area. It asks how to open it, select "Use the XML Source task pane"
2. Excel then complains about a not having the schema, but click OK and it will generate one.
3. On the right side, the XML Source pane is now open, we want to click and drag the FileFormat folder onto cell A1.
4. Next from the Source pane, click and drag the PARAMETERITEM folder onto cell A3
5. Right click in the table that was just created and choose "XML->Refresh XML Data" the names and values should then populate.
6. Modify the values to what you would like, and you can now save as an xlsx.
7. Once ready, right click the table and choose "XML->Export" to save the XML file
8. Use the Parameter File Import in the service tool when on the page with the related parameters.
9. Click download, and it will push the values to the controller.

This is pretty useful for related configuration items, or if you wanted to use formulas to calculate stuff.

All the best, Matt E

Offline macbahi

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2022, 11:33:15 PM »
Hi  Matt and Tor

thank you very much.  I will try it.

cordially
mac bahi