Author Topic: Help with Using Modules  (Read 7117 times)

Offline bryantmorris

• PLUS+1 Expert
Help with Using Modules
« on: June 21, 2016, 09:00:23 AM »
Hello all,

I'm looking for some help with how modules worked. I have not been able to get them to work in my application. I have one module bus input and one module bus output, using one module. The input and output are on different pages. I was following the example set out in the manual, however I continue to get the following error when I try to compile.

*** ERROR 77 ***  [glink]   NO OUTPUT FOR: {_Bus_Module_Inputs_Port_Output1_Enabled_Delayed}, FILE: {SC50_20_PRIMARYT.exr}, REFTYPE: {MODUL}

I also notice inside my module, when using the MODULE BUS Input and Outputs, I am unable to see any of the variables on the bus once inside the module. This to me shows that the connection between the application page and the module page is not being made. I'm calling the module on the page which the MODULE BUS Output component is being used, do I also need to use a call block on the page where the input is being used as well?

Any suggestions on how I can fix this? I'm wondering if its a problem with order of operations? Any help you can provide would be great.

Offline Loader

• PLUS+1 Expert
  • If something can go wrong, it will!
Re: Help with Using Modules
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 02:36:42 PM »
Hi bryantmorris,
It is a little bit uncomfortable to use modules, in my opinion!  :D
Some tips seeing my modules...:

Bus Input doesn't support sub-buses!

When you do "view" on a variable in your project, you don't see it inside a module.

Enable the module with a "T" in the call module

You assign the same name In the "MOD" components who corresponds (Project out/Module in and module out -project in)

Call the module in the same name like it is in the inspector

Names of variables don't contain number in first letter 

I hope this help you!
Bye

Offline pinias

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 12:54:23 AM »
i think, you may be misundestanding the Module output and Module Input.

this may help:

Module Input is the variable in the main program

Module output is the variable in the Module

besides that the names should match or should be identical

if you have a module input you necesarily need a module output otherwise you may have that kind of error

they are married, one could not exist without the other

hope it gives you a clue

Regards

Offline bryantmorris

• PLUS+1 Expert
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 04:17:17 AM »
Thank you everyone for the replies, however it seems you are just quoting the user manual, which I have already been able to read.

I have tried to explain my issue a bit differently with images below to show you the problem I am having.

Image 1:

You can see how I have made a module block, and I have a bus going into a Module Outputs block. There are variables on this bus which I can see with no issue.

Image 2:

Once I enter the module and look at the bus I can no longer see any of the variables on the bus.

What could I be doing wrong to prevent the variables from entering the module?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 04:20:41 AM by bryantmorris »

Offline pinias

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 04:23:54 PM »
Bryan,

I do use to quote manuals unless I have a proof that it works as described. Now, looks like you are trying to do something that will not work

I see what you want to do, module inputs in a BUS and module outputs in a BUS... mmm never have done that in that way, to me does not make sense because after all they are variables, so a variable is declared alone.

the following picture gives you an example of how I use the modules. it works just fine, I have more than 80 Module outputs due to all possible fails.

I hope it helps

Offline tjakew

• PLUS+1 Novice
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2016, 11:02:09 PM »
I have used a bus as an input to a module but I have never been able to see the signals inside the module. I had to connect the signal to the bus and manually type the name of the signal in. It appeared to me that whatever functionality makes those signals visible within a module doesn't work in between modules. Once I realized that the main program was a module itself the issue made sense to me.

I've also had issues with placement of inputs causing compiling errors. I am not 100% sure but I think the issue was that my inputs were not on the same page as, or on a sub-page of the page where I called the module.

Offline bryantmorris

• PLUS+1 Expert
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 09:04:59 AM »
Hello all,

thank you for your replies. Maybe Danfoss needs to look into why the bus modules don't work. It would be a handy thing to have.

What I would like to be able to do is easily move variables around my project, rather then having to run physical lines and buses everywhere. If there was a way to jump variables from one section of the project to another it would be very useful.

Offline spittet

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 02:02:51 PM »
I know that it's not really the best way to do it, but I've found it a lot simpler to merge all my busses togheter, so I have access to all variables, everywhere. The only constraint is that you have to carefully name your variables if you have similar variables, so you can distinguish them. So far, I've never come to a point where this could be a problem.

Sam