Author Topic: Simulator  (Read 14026 times)

radioact

Simulator
« on: November 10, 2010, 08:45:44 PM »
I see no better place for this post so I will post it here.

Can the simulator only simulate the DP600 display, or are there hwd files out there for other hardware. DP200 would be nice to have...

On second thought, do many people use the simulator or just compile, download, test?

Tyler
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 12:17:21 PM by Thomas »

Offline Stefan

• Administrator
  • PLUS+1 Expert
Re: Simulator
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 08:09:57 AM »
Hello,

The simulator only works for DP600 and DP610 today (the HWD for DP600 will work for DP610 also). There will be more simulator-HWD's in the future but I don't know when.

Stefan

radioact

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 06:51:10 PM »
Good to know,

Ok so how do i make the simulator work for the DP610? What I did was start a new project, drop in the DP610 hardware and template, the follow the instructions to replace the DP610 hardware with the simulator one and the code will not compile. Here is the error:

----------------  Application Error Information Pass1 UNTITLED ----------------

*** ERROR 76 ***  [GLINK]   INDEX OUT OF RANGE, SIGNAL: ID.Net[1].Addr, FILE: DP610T.EXR
---
Search results for: ID.Net[1].Addr:
   Occurrence #1:
      DP610T!TOP!Unit_Config!CAN1_Settings (305,208)
---

*** ERROR 76 ***  [GLINK]   INDEX OUT OF RANGE, SIGNAL: ID.Net[2].Addr, FILE: DP610T.EXR
---
Search results for: ID.Net[2].Addr:
   Occurrence #1:
      DP610T!TOP!Unit_Config (295,72)
---

==================== Error information from DP610T ====================

Looks like something to do with the CAN bus, but do not know enough about it to figure it out yet. Any ideas?

Thanks
Tyler
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 07:38:53 PM by RadioAct »

Offline Stefan

• Administrator
  • PLUS+1 Expert
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 09:28:47 AM »
Hello,

The 2 signals you see in the error code (ID.Net[1].Addr and ID.Net[2].Addr) are not accessible from the program in the HWD for the simulator. They are accessible in later HWD's for DP6xx and therefore they are implemented in the newer templates. When you try to compile a newer template with the simulator HWD, this errors occurs.

You need to delete them from the template (see below). When you delete them, they will get their default values (see below). You can also find this information in the API-specification for DP6xx.

Default settings:
ID.Net[1].Addr - 1. Net number in the node ID for CAN[1]. (Service Tool)
ID.Net[2].Addr - 0. Net number in the node ID for USB. (Service Tool)

You will find ID.Net[1].Addr in Unit_Config/CAN1_Settings:

You will find ID.Net[2].Addr in Unit_Config:

Best regards
Stefan

Offline Federico

• PLUS+1 Developer
    • Centro HidrĂ¡ulico S. A.
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 02:47:39 PM »
Hola Tyler,
Yo lo resuelvo copiando el bloque ( Unit_Config ) de un proyecto con DP600 y pegar en el proyecto del simulador con DP610,
Saludos Cordiales.

Hi Tyler,
I resolve to copying the block (Unit_Config) of a project with DP600 and paste into the simulator project with DP 610,
Best regards.

radioact

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 05:51:33 PM »
Thanks for that tip, I will do that.

Too bad the simulator is not better supported, I am not an expert but wouldn't it be possible to make a simulator HWD file for the 610 so we don't have to mess with copying blocks?

Thanks for the help everyone,
Tyler

Offline Stefan

• Administrator
  • PLUS+1 Expert
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 07:39:49 AM »
Hello,

It will be the same if you use a newer Template for the DP600. What we need is an updated version of the DP600 Simulator HWD. Then that one will work for both DP600 and DP610 without any changes in the program. I can't give you any date when it will be released.

Best regards
Stefan

Offline Rafal_Typiak

• PLUS+1 Expert
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, 09:59:14 AM »
Too bad because it's a pain in the ass to switch between those two (simulator program and microcontroller ready program). It would be an awesome help if a hwd would work for both. Or at least change the GUIDE so that when you drag a template over, than it would not delete the already existing program :)

Offline Stefan

• Administrator
  • PLUS+1 Expert
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 01:08:27 PM »
Hello,

I think there has been a misunderstanding.

You should only change the operating system if you want to run your program in the simulator. Todays version of the HWD for the simulator doesn't support the two signals that I described earlier. Therefore you have to remove them from your program. You don't have to put them back after you have tested your program in the simulator.

When we have released a new simulator HWD, you don't have to remove these signals.

Best regards
Stefan

radioact

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2010, 04:45:38 PM »
Oh,
So we can delete the two signals and then not worry about putting them back? Can anyone explain what they do, I just figure that they are there for some reason. I don't have a problem with deleting them, I was wondering what they are for.

Tyler

Offline Stefan

• Administrator
  • PLUS+1 Expert
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2010, 01:04:12 PM »
Hello,

Identity in the Service Tool:

Screen capture from the API Specification regarding Identity of a DP6xx unit:

In the Miscellaneous column you will find the default setting you get if these signals is not drawn in the graphical code. The default settings in the Operating system are the same as the one in the Template, so that's why you don't have to put them back.

These signals gives you the opportunity to select different net numbers.

Example how the Identity is defined:

Service Tool connected to CAN[1] on the display and ID.Net[1].Addr is set 1 and ID.Node.ServerAddr (also called node number) is set to 9 will give you the Service Tool ID 1,9.

Best regards
Stefan
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 08:12:51 AM by Stefan »

radioact

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2010, 06:32:03 PM »
Very Interesting,

Thank you for the explanation.

Tyler