Author Topic: Does Service-Tool runs in parallel with all other can-modules? CANopen, J1939  (Read 7391 times)

Offline Marbek_Elektronik

• PLUS+1 Guru
    • Marbek Elektronik
Hi,
If there are many can-bus members, maybe with different protocolls:
(Danfoss controller, sensors, motors,.....)

Is it possible, there might be a crash if service-tool communicates with the Danfoss-controllers?

I have read out following IDs, which service tool is used in communication:
0xCDA00F1
0xCDB32F1
0x1BC78FFF

Does the service-tool disturb the communication?
Marbek Elektronik, Dipl.-Ing. Bernd Konrad
Dienstleistung, Entwicklung, Herstellung

Offline hgb1992

• PLUS+1 Developer
Hello!

In past we had no Problem with CANopen and J1939 together. Tricky is to manage 11bit and 29bit identifier on one bus - this should be avoided!
From me Point of view Service Tool should  not affect other communication, if you havn't double used identifier (Service Tool uses a defined ID range).

KR, Benedikt

• PLUS+1 Guru
    • Marbek Elektronik
Hi Benedikt,

why it is thricky to manage 11bit and 29bit identifier on one bus?
I think it is no problem.
In past we have sent 11 bit messages from one controller to another (ID: 0x400 and then 8 bytes for example) and in parallel there was J1939 and a canopen device. - no problem!

The second question is, if service tool disturbs another device. Is it possible?

« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 09:13:58 AM by Marbek_Elektronik »

Offline spittet

• PLUS+1 Guru
Hello!

In past we had no Problem with CANopen and J1939 together. Tricky is to manage 11bit and 29bit identifier on one bus - this should be avoided!
From me Point of view Service Tool should  not affect other communication, if you havn't double used identifier (Service Tool uses a defined ID range).

KR, Benedikt

You said Service Tool uses a defined ID range. Is it possible to tell us what are these ID range? With this information, we will make sure that the same ID isn't used by our application.

Thanks

Sam

• PLUS+1 Guru
    • Marbek Elektronik
I have seen this:
0xCDA00F1
0xCDB32F1
0x1BC78FFF

Service Tool uses KWP2000 protocol to the controllers.
I don't know more about this protocol.

Offline Daniel

• PLUS+1 Expert
Hi Bernd

Typical range for Service tool is 0xCDA0000 to 0xCDBFFFF.

0x1BC78FFF is from the UDS protocol.

Best regards
Daniel
PLUS+1® Help Desk Team

Offline Morten Christensen

• PLUS+1 Novice
If you have many CAN-BUS nodes on the network, then you properly also have a "high" CAN-BUS load. I have seen the "Service Tool" load the CAN-BUS up to 50-60% - So that could be your problem?

Offline Daniel

• PLUS+1 Expert
Hello

The amount of bus load "added" by Service tool to a system depends on how many signals that are currently logged on a page and how often the signal values are requested (how short the Requested log period is set).

When logging, Service tool requests the ECUs to send data about the currently logged signals for each log period. So if the Requested log period is set to 100 ms, Service tool will try to send the request each 100 ms.
A lower value on the Requested log period will hence increase the bus load, and each added logged signal on a page will also slightly add more load to the bus.

Service tool does only send requests for the signals that are on the currently opened page.

Best regards
Daniel
PLUS+1® Helpdesk
PLUS+1® Help Desk Team