Author Topic: DP200 interfering with remote cruise control?  (Read 4505 times)

Offline pinias

• PLUS+1 Guru
DP200 interfering with remote cruise control?
« on: July 27, 2012, 11:10:42 PM »
Hello everyone,

I have run in an issue with a DP200. I have connected it to the SAE J1939 CAN bus of a RENAULT DXi 11 engine. It is mouted in a Renault KERAX 380 truck. So they use the truck in the oil industry so the truck has a cab mounted on its chassis, when working at the well the engine speed is controlled from the cab by means of the remote cruise control (it should not interfere with the J1939 CAN).

After I have connected the DP200 with a Custom or even the EIC firmware the cruise control is lost... if I disconnect the DP200 the cruise control is gained again.

This does not make sense to me since the cruise control works direct with the ECM there is not any relation between the J1939 and the cruise signal.

The only thing that I think may happen is that the TruckĀ“s Vehicle Control Unit sees another node and block some functions like the remote cruise control, however I do not know.

I have tested it with another Renault truck and it does the same.

this is the first time it happens to me.  I have worked with CAT engines without any trouble.

Does anybody have some advice?

I appreciate

Regards

Antonio

Offline Neil

• PLUS+1 Expert
Re: DP200 interfering with remote cruise control?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 04:47:04 AM »
Hi.

Have you tried a different node ID for the display?

regards Neil

Offline pinias

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 03:06:07 PM »
Hi Neil,

No I have not tried yet.

mmm How do I change the node ID for the display?

Regards

Antonio

Quax76

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 08:06:32 AM »
That's quiet simple. On the top of each Template, there is a "Unit Config", where you can change the ID

(In this case, the ID is 2)