Author Topic: Joystick JS6000 address problem  (Read 1670 times)

Offline macbahi

• PLUS+1 Guru
Joystick JS6000 address problem
« on: January 11, 2023, 05:18:27 PM »
Hello,

First happy new year 2023.

It's my first time using Can joystick.  It's danfoss model as shown in photo.
The problem is the joystick address showing in nameplate of joystick is 33 but when it's connected in service-tool it's shown 52 dec equal 34 Hex.
We can see also in application 0x34 as shown in photo.
Every think is working when I use 34 but it's not working when I use 0x33 as address.  Please See photo.
Please I want to understand why is different.
My last question is about Plus+1 compliant JS600 joystick with can function block user manual page 4: J33 (right) =0x33
J34 (left) = 0x34. J35 (center)=0x35.  J36 auxiliary = 0x36.  What that mean???.  In my case my Joystick is J33 but why is working with 0x34.

Thanks in advance for your help
With bests regards

Offline acmall

• PLUS+1 Guru
Re: Joystick JS6000 address problem
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2023, 09:31:51 AM »
The address that is contained in the part code printed on the joystick is how it was set at the factory. The address can be changed using the Plus+1 Service Tool. It has probably been changed at point.

The source addresses listed in the manual are typical or common address based on joystick position so, if you had two joysticks you would use 0x33 for the one on the right and 0x34 for the one on the left. I don't know if these are industry typical source addresses or Danfoss typical ones.

Offline macbahi

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2023, 02:15:20 PM »
Hello Acmall,

Thank you very much Sir.

Please could you tell me how can I change the address with service tools.

Thanks in advance for your help

With best regards

Offline acmall

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2023, 02:56:36 PM »
See example attached, after changing the address cycle the power.

Offline macbahi

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2023, 07:55:50 PM »
Hell Acmall,

Thank you very much for your p1d example.  Really it's not easy for me.

Please could you give me joystick JS6000 CAN documentation?  I will try to use CANking to change the address.

In the pass I was changed encoder address and also MTS temposonics regle using CANking.

I think it's will be more easy for me to do that.

Thanks
With best regards

Offline acmall

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2023, 09:10:35 AM »
Here is a link to the manual: -
https://assets.danfoss.com/documents/53618/BC152886483634en-001205.pdf

FYI you can find all the documentation by searching for the model number on the Danfoss website: -
https://www.danfoss.com/en/about-danfoss/our-businesses/power-solutions/

Using the Service Tool should be easier than having to create a specific message in CANking

Offline macbahi

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2023, 03:31:04 PM »
Hello Acmall.

Thank you very much.  Yes sir I am agree with you maybe it will more easy to use service tolls.
But my problem is I am not an expert and in addition it's my first time that I use CAN joystick.
Honestly I don't know how to use it.  So please could you send more information and comments regarding your service-tools example program.

Thanks in advance for your patience and help.

With best regards

Offline acmall

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2023, 09:15:54 AM »
If you connect to the system with the joystick and open the example I sent you in the Service Tool you should see a parameter (ID.Node.SeverAddr) with the address of your joystick (0x34). Change this to 0x33, click the write parameter icon or press F4 to write the new address to the joystick. Cycle the power to the joystick and it should have the new address. To see the change in the service tool you may need to press F8 to scan the system after cycling the power.

The parameter page in the example has two parameters set up. Both are for ID.Node.ServerAddr. The reason for having the two is just for ease of use when changing from one source address to another. One is for 0x33 (0,51) the other for 0x34 (0,52)  Only one will show at a time depending on what the joystick address is set to. You may get a replace missing ECU message when opening the file, if so just click cancel.

Offline macbahi

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2023, 02:44:29 PM »
Hello Sir Acmall,

It's done. I was very easy.  Thank you very much.

Now I know my error.  I opened your file with Plus+1 guide viewer to have idea about your program.  I was see the program and it was not easy to understand.

But after your last message I opened it with service tools.  I found it easy and It's done.  Sorry for confuse.

Thank you very much for all help

With best regards