Author Topic: SPN Conversion Method - ConvMethDM1 ConvMethDM2  (Read 12158 times)

Offline dlewis

• PLUS+1 Guru
    • Getman Corporation
SPN Conversion Method - ConvMethDM1 ConvMethDM2
« on: November 30, 2012, 04:06:08 PM »
Does anyone know the proper SPN conversion method for a Mercedes 904 engine?  I've set the conversion method to 2 but i'm getting a strange 6 digit SPN fault rather than the normal 3 digit fault.  I'm using PGN65226 and PGN65227 in my program.

Offline Richard

• PLUS+1 Expert
    • Textron
Re: SPN Conversion Method - ConvMethDM1 ConvMethDM2
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 11:02:33 AM »
Hi,

I had a similar problem (maybe identical even ) with a Deutz engine.  Apparently Deutz conversion method was not commonly used in the engine world and as a result a bug in the GUIDE DM block for that specific conversion method was incorrect in the version I was using.  I would start by ensuring that your DM blocks are the very latest that Sauer have released.

Good luck

Offline sampler

• PLUS+1 User
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 10:16:39 AM »
Was it possible to find a solution for this Mercedes 904? I struggle with the same problem, i.e. too long and wrong SPNs. The question of how to change the Conv Method? In the DM1_RX library block I don't have the Conv Method input option even though it exists in the block description. I have version DM1_RX 3.00.

Offline pinias

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2020, 05:12:35 PM »
Just enter into the DM block and edit the conversion method  see picture

try 3 or 4

Offline sampler

• PLUS+1 User
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2021, 11:47:18 AM »
In the DM1 block, I do not have the option to choose the type of conversion. In any case, the question is whether the output of the MSG SPN [U32] should send value an SPN code that can be sent directly to the display or the value needs to be processed / decoded somehow?

Another thing is that my ADM2-ECU is sending nothing to the address 0x18FECA so now I see as SPN other errors I currently have come from other J1939 ranges. Does the lack of an FECA address mean that the ADM2-ECU error sending needs to be activated? Bellow list of all ID. ID 105 it is DP600 display.

Offline pinias

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2021, 05:12:26 PM »
Hey sampler

it is as Richard said, update the J1939 library to the latest one, it seems that you still at 3.0 version.

on the other hand, make sure the engine broadcast the DTC as per J1939, I have learn with other engines that it just may not happen and they have their propietary DTC´s which will be a SPN out of range from J1939 known SPN´s

most of the time they do have a FMI 31

I hope it helps

Offline sampler

• PLUS+1 User
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2021, 11:24:35 AM »
I received information from Mercedes that in case of more than one error, ADM sends error information not with DM1 protocol but with Transport Protocol TP.DT and TP.CM (0xEB and 0xEC). Unfortunately, there is only TransProtocol Tx in the J1939 library. Can anyone suggest how to decode error codes in the protocols mentioned above?