Author Topic: Autonomous control function block  (Read 2620 times)

Offline F.M.Elettromeccanica

• PLUS+1 Developer
Autonomous control function block
« on: September 08, 2020, 11:15:08 PM »
Hallo guys,
Is there anyone who is working with the new autonomous control library function block?
I'm looking into this trying to understand something, but is not easy I think...
What I don't understand right now is in which way I have to receive coordinate data from gnss... Maybe rs232, NMEA 0183?
Thanks in advance for any helps or reply...

Offline Tor

• Administrator
  • PLUS+1 Guru
Re: Autonomous control function block
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2020, 07:14:05 AM »
Hi F.M.Elettromeccanica

I have not been using the Autonomous control blocks, so I asked our library team if they had a good answer.

The answer from the library team:
We haven't released any NMEA 2000 blocks. We are currently looking to finalize a list of messages for that library and then I'll be working on it again. We might be able to give a beta block out if needed. So in the future they will need a gnss receiver (Something to give them Lat/Long coordinates) that will be able to communicate NMEA 2000 messages that are then used to populate values going into some of the autonomous blocks. The autonomous team is currently using a couple of the blocks I've started and some they have done themselves for the NMEA 2000 messages that are fairly commonly used on most GNSS units.

I hope you got some answer out of that. The good news is that they are working on it. But I don't think it helped you at this moment.  Sorry about that.

Have a nice day.
Best regards,
Tor
PLUS+1® SW PAE Team