Author Topic: Changing screens at DP250  (Read 7073 times)

Alexey_Z

Changing screens at DP250
« on: August 27, 2013, 05:19:53 AM »
Hello guys,

I'm just starting learning that new development environment (came here from C and Java programming). Everything seems to be completely different, but more-less understandable. Except one thing. I do not understand how to change screens. If somebody from you could make (or - if exists - point me to similar question/example) very simple program for that display with two screens changing by button presses - it would really help me going forward.

Thanks in advance,

Alexey.

Offline Jakob

• PLUS+1 Expert
Re: Changing screens at DP250
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 04:57:41 PM »
Hi Alexey

Screens are defined in the "area assigning" block, and each screen area can be enabled or disabled by any bool value that you wish.
The trick is to control which screen area, that is active. Otherwise they just overlap each other in layers.

I hope this helps, a little.

/Jakob

Offline Jakob

• PLUS+1 Expert
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 12:04:27 PM »
Remember to select the enable signal in the Area_page.

Alexey_Z

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 06:23:58 PM »
Hello Jakob,

Had to switch for another task with different equipment, now returning back to studying PLUS+1 Guide. Thanks for your reply and thanks for the explanation! By some reason, I didn't realize I could simply change Enabled state for the area, not for the screen element.

Another question related to this one. If I have two areas with completely different elements (let's say, one set of text blocks and graphics to display hydraulics state and another - for burner state), is it better to have two areas in the same Define Areas page or have two individual Define Areas pages?

And also, not related to this question. Maybe there are somewhere function libraries (for DP250) with more visual components, like gauges, different shapes (rectangles, circles etc.)?

Offline spittet

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 10:06:37 PM »
Hi,

I like to use only one Display Area function block and insert all my different areas inside it. This way, I can use the order in the tree to use as a display order. The areas that are on the top of the tree have the highest order priority. This means that if two areas are enabled at the same time, the one with the highest order priority (top of the tree) will be in front of the other. Pretty useful for alarm pop-ups as you do not need to disable the background area to display the pop-up.

Sam

Offline Daniel

• PLUS+1 Expert
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 08:18:01 AM »
Hi Alexey

To answer your other question about the graphical components. There are a couple of graphical image libraries on this site:

http://powersolutions.danfoss.com/Products/MobileElectronics/PLUS1Guide/PLUS1GuideDownloads/PLUS1FunctionBlockLibrary/index.htm

Best regards
Daniel
PLUS+1® HelpDesk
PLUS+1® Help Desk Team