Author Topic: Mobile Service Tool Feedback and Info  (Read 3947 times)

Offline FluidPowerTom

• PLUS+1 Guru
Mobile Service Tool Feedback and Info
« on: March 05, 2020, 10:52:37 PM »
Has anyone been using the Mobile Service Tool on any real applications, and if so how are you liking it?  What are the options for incorporating this without having a Danfoss display to broadcast the Bluetooth?
Controls Engineer
Hydra-Power Systems

Offline spittet

• PLUS+1 Guru
Re: Mobile Service Tool Feedback and Info
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 06:23:56 PM »
I never had the opportunity to use the Service Tool Mobile App, but for the Bluetooth link, you could use the Danfoss WS103 Can gateway : https://assets.danfoss.com/documents/DOC194286484585/DOC194286484585.pdf

Have a good day!

Sam

Offline FluidPowerTom

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 11:26:17 PM »
So I'm proceeding to make a test application for the mobile Service Tool, and I can't help but notice that it has the ability to add gauges, bar graphs, and line charts among other things.  How is it that the Mobile Service Tool has better capabilities than a full Danfoss display?  Remarkable.
Controls Engineer
Hydra-Power Systems

Offline oiltronic

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 07:31:32 PM »
Yes, what are the hardware options? 

I have a customer asking about this, and also about remote access, but I don't know what hardware to use as the gateway.  So I have the same question.  The Danfoss site says nothing about hardware nor does it mention the previous telematics gateways (WS403, etc) unless you search for them.  Is there a 3rd-party solution that works well?

Offline FluidPowerTom

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2020, 05:27:10 PM »
The previous telematics stuff is all now offered by Proemion.  Aaaaaaaand they also have a new/better web portal available that is vastly better than the previous.
Controls Engineer
Hydra-Power Systems

Offline Tor

• Administrator
  • PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2020, 01:23:39 PM »
Hi,

This is a respond from Alex Romero, Software Product Manager:

"Thank you for your comments. We are glad to learn you are considering MST for your machine service applications. To answer the hardware question; yes, we have migrated away from offering a 3rd party solution supported by Proemion. Connectivity and remote access are key strategic components of our product portfolio so Danfoss decided to architect an end-to-end system solution designed and engineered by Danfoss resources ensuring a cohesive experience with PLUS+1. Although the release of this portfolio has been a longer journey than expected, we are closer than ever to put product in the hands of customers and partners through a Customer Advisory Board (CAB) exercise beginning on April 14th extending through September 2020. If you like more details about our CAB activities or Connected Solutions information in general, please feel free to contact Alex Romero at aromero@danfoss.com .

We appreciate your preference and look forward to working with you "
Best regards,
Tor
PLUS+1® SW PAE Team