Author Topic: DM1000 or vector based displays  (Read 2785 times)

Offline pinias

• PLUS+1 Guru
DM1000 or vector based displays
« on: January 14, 2020, 10:58:38 PM »
Hello Guys,

I am kind of confused on how to set my main screen in any of the DM1000 or DP7xxx or in other words the vector based displays.

I can navigate through screens as long as I press any soft button, that works fine however if I try to use like the 1st count loop to set my initial or main screen it just do not work.

on the classic displays for the main/splash screen all what you had to do was bring it in you code and that was all, nothing was required to enable it.

Does any one has an advise in this matter?

btw the demo for the DP720 does not really help, the problem is the lack of explanation,

someone else has posted in this forum that it will be helpfull if there is basic manual just for the screens set up. the one that is available uses the classic displays to migrate to the vector based but something is missed in the procedure, maybe it is the way I use to do that.
anyway

I appreciate the help

Regards

Offline acmall

• PLUS+1 Guru
Re: DM1000 or vector based displays
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 09:45:41 AM »
This may depend on how you set up your navigation but, in may case I use a negative transition on OS_Start to initiate my first screen.

Offline pinias

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 07:10:43 PM »
yes that is what I thought

but seems not to work perhaps it is my logic, I set a flag after the 1st loop time and it should enable the splash screen , as easy as that

Offline acmall

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 09:26:36 AM »
Yes, that should work.

I tested it with a DP720 and HWD version v220 and it works as expected. MAIN_SCREEN is displayed after boot, pressing Btn_1 shows a different screen and pressing Btn_2 returns to MAIN_SCREEN

Offline pinias

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 05:54:38 PM »
acmall,

yes now it works, I flashed the display again and then it did work.

the 1st time I flashed the display it took aroun 3 1/2 hours to complete the flashing, I think it was configured first, any way but the service tool came up with a faliure to downloand, I did not notice that becuause I left before it was completed.

so when I was back I just focused on the display without looking to the computer.

the good thing is that for the next sucesive flashings to the display it is done pretty fast, so it did work then.

thanks for the feddback