Author Topic: PID----Interger must be larger than or equal to 10?  (Read 5569 times)

lijun0

PID----Interger must be larger than or equal to 10?
« on: May 21, 2015, 02:56:38 PM »
Hi anyone can answer my question?
For the PID function block when I set the I_Gain less than 10 there is no integer output. Only set I_Gain larger than or equal to 10 then there is integer output. But according to the description I_Gain can be set between 0--10000. It is strange.

Offline Marbek_Elektronik

• PLUS+1 Guru
    • Marbek Elektronik
Re: PID----Interger must be larger than or equal to 10?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 08:08:42 AM »
Sorry, I can't help, but:
Danfoss should make their sub-pages readable, so we can surch for errors or look inside what happens.
That is the reason, I write my own pages: I know, what my software does.
Marbek Elektronik, Dipl.-Ing. Bernd Konrad
Dienstleistung, Entwicklung, Herstellung

Thomas

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 02:58:08 PM »
Hello!

Thanks for your post guys. The open/closed discussion is not new and will probably continue a bit more.
I will try to explain the reasons behind it in the same time as I understand your concerns.

The reason is we want to guarantee the quality of the blocks, if you have a block from Danfoss you should trust the quality of it and the attached documentation describing the block. That said we know there is room for improvements. Block factory is aware of this issue and has it on its to do list. If the block is working as intended you should not be needing to look under the "hood". Some other blocks do have intellectual property inside that we do not want to share for business reasons.

If you have ideas how to improve the PLUS+1 tool set do not hesitate to send a mail to plus1helpdesk@danfoss.com with your ideas.

I hope this explains a bit and also share that we are aware and trying to improve.

Thanks // Thomas

venkut

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 09:51:34 PM »
Sorry, I can't help, but:
Danfoss should make their sub-pages readable, so we can surch for errors or look inside what happens.
That is the reason, I write my own pages: I know, what my software does.

The integral gain output is depends on execution time out as well. If you increase the execution time out,  lower values of integral gain generate output and found out good response from PID loop.