Author Topic: JS1H questions  (Read 215 times)

Offline tannnnn

• PLUS+1 User
JS1H questions
« on: February 05, 2024, 04:26:03 PM »
Hello all,

I and new Danfoss product user. I brought a JS1H Joystick PWM. I want to connect it to my laptop in order to program it on Plus+1 software. What hardware kit should do i need to establish this communication ?
the joystick has 2x 12-pin DTM DEUTSCH connector (1 black and 1 Gray). I know i'll be needing a gateway CG150-2 to establish the communication between the joystick and my laptop. Is there anything else required ?

A reply would be highly appreciated.

Thanks Guys!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 08:17:01 AM by Tor »

Offline Camox

• PLUS+1 Developer
Re: Re: CG150-2 Connectivity Problems
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2024, 08:15:29 AM »
Hello Tannnnn,
JS1-H joysticks operate in CAN. If you want to connect to the joystick, you need to supply it with power and connect it in CAN to the CG150.
You'll find the wiring diagram for the joystick in the documentation: https://assets.danfoss.com/documents/257096/BC171886484518en-001401.pdf

Please note that JS1-H joysticks are not programmable. You can, however, set them via the service tool and the dedicated file you can obtain from the update center.

Have a nice day

Offline tannnnn

• PLUS+1 User
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2024, 10:51:17 AM »
Hello Camox, Thanks alot for your message.

Sorry for the below long message but i kindly need your input on this one.

The circuit I'm dealing with in my application include 1 x JS1H single axis PWM joystick, One pump having 2 x 24V proportional solenoid Valves A and B (for Right and Left) rotations respectively, and 1x ON/OFF Solenoid Valve for brake +24 Volts const. I've attached a basic schematic for clarification.

I want to set the joystick parameters to perform the below functions:
- Joystick in Forward: Energizes Solenoid Valve A (Proportionally control its flow) and at the same time energizes brake solenoid Valve with +24V (constant).
- Joystick in Reverse position: Energizes Solenoid Valve B (Proportionally control its flow) pin and at the same time energizes brake solenoid Valve with +24V (constant).
- Joystick in Neutral Position: Solenoid A,B and Brake Solenoid are all de-energized.

From your experience, is the above feasible with this joystick ?

Thank you very much!

Offline Camox

• PLUS+1 Developer
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2024, 12:10:51 PM »
For me, this isn't just possible with your joystick.
You need to add a controller that will control your hydraulic elements according to the joystick information.

Online acmall

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2024, 03:26:33 PM »
@tannnnn
If you have the PWM version of the joystick (JS1H PW) this should be possible as the documentation states that it has 4 PWM outputs and is programmable in Plus+1 Guide. There is a HWD file for the JS1H PWM downloadable from Danfoss Update Centre. Sorry I can't help with the details as I never used one, I assume is will he similar to programming a controller.

Offline G30RG3

• PLUS+1 Expert
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2024, 12:01:06 PM »
@tannnnn

Your question is in the wrong place, here, but to respond quickly:

You can use 2 of the 4 Prop/MF-outs to control the two coils, for instance by using the compliance block for a H1P pump, or using your own logic to directly feed the outputs, and use one of the 2 digital outputs to release the brake whenever the PWM-output is not equal to 0.
One issue you'll see is that the output pin names are not the physical pin numbers, depending on the cable / connector option chosen.

If you have a joystick with two 12-pin connectors:
X100p15, X100p16, X100p17 and X100p18 are connected to Pin 1 to 4 on the black connector.
X100p10 is Connected to pin 8 on the black connector, X100p20 is connected to Pin 7 on the Black connector.
Don't forget to connect both Pin 1 and Pin 6 on the grey connector to ground, and get the supply on pin 2, 7, 8 and 9 on the grey connector!

Offline tannnnn

• PLUS+1 User
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2024, 07:02:46 AM »
Good Day,

I've done the setup of the joystick JS1-H PWM as per the picture. Also, I've downloaded the service tool and the guide and established a successful connection with my PC. The connection is well done.

I've downloaded the hlx. files on the joystick  and tried to explore the service tool a bit. In the graphs, as shown in the picture, I can't read any output current while moving the joystick in F or R. I think i need to add those parameters but I'm new to this. So please, anyone can help where i can set the output currents and other parameters. I need the below functions only:
- Joystick in Forward: Output1= [0 to 1000 mA] (pump solenoid 1) - Output 2=0 - Output 3=+24V Constant (to activate 24V brake solenoid).
- Joystick in Reverse: Output1=0 - Output2=[0 to 1000 mA] (pump solenoid 2) - Output 3=+24V Constant (to activate 24V brake solenoid).
- Neutral: Output1=Output2=Output 3= 0V.

In the picture attached i move the joystick in forward/Reverse but no current value is showing.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks alot