PLUS+1 Hardware > Controllers

Real-time clock.

<< < (2/3) > >>

ET:

--- Quote from: Jakob on May 09, 2013, 08:46:16 PM ---I only seen the RealTimeClock on the displays.
--- End quote ---

This is actually useful information for me, since my machines each have a DP600 screen and/or a DP250 screen.
Thanks!

FYI for people who don't know where it is:
Inputs->Time->RTC

LouisGroen:
Hi all,

I'm fairly new to Plus 1 but have learnt a few things over the last couple of months. I have an issue with a MC024-118 Controller which I am hoping someone could share some light on..

I require this controller to record data, IE data logging, which I've managed to get to a point that I am happy with, but the issue is that I need a time and date stamp related to each item logged. I came across an earlier post which helped a lot in terms of using the loop count function to count the seconds, minutes, hours and so on, but this does solve the issue of the time getting lost when the controller is switched off. For an hour meter, I can store the last known value and then continue when the vehicle is powered up, but can this MC024-118 even track the time and date when powered off, and if so, any advice on how to do so?

Thanks

FluidPowerTom:
Louis, no, as this post indicates you need a display or other device with a real time clock.  The controller does not have a real time clock.

Marbek_Elektronik:
Perhaps you can use extern data-logging with time stamp and you can use extern real time clock?
But it will be not cheaper than using a DP200.

LouisGroen:
Thanks for all the advice.

I have contacted the supplier and they have agreed to replace the units with display units capable of achieving the same results, but I will need to add the expansion module in order to get the same outputs and these would be at an additional cost.

I have also looked into using an external real time clock with CAN protocol, as this would be a cheaper solution to the expansion modules, but will do some research on this to see what the code would entail.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version