Author Topic: download file via USB Host  (Read 3712 times)

Offline sampler

• PLUS+1 User
download file via USB Host
« on: December 10, 2020, 09:32:45 AM »
Hello,
I have a question about the ability to quickly dowload a file to the DP7xx display using a USB host instead of the CG150. Downloading a file using the CG150 takes 15 minutes. How I can to do? I have Guide 7.2.10 and the DP710 monitor. The monitor has a front USB slot that I would like to use. Should the settings in outputs must be changed to USB host C5p06 and 07? In order for the monitor to download the program, it is enough to upload an .lhx file to a flash drive?

Offline pinias

• PLUS+1 Guru
Re: download file via USB Host
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 04:27:22 PM »
hey,

15 minutes downloading with the CG150?  it sounds like something is not right. 

on my side it takes less than a minute

I recommend you upgrade your GUIDE and service tool to version 11 or higher

not sure if the front USB can be used for downloading firmware, if so all what you have to do is select the right way to communciate through the service tool.

with the DP6xxx when setting the communication gateway, the DP6xx appears as a choice,

I have none of those DP700 with front USB but try by get it connected when running the service tool and check gateway, then display and see if it is found there, if so just get it selected.

I hope it helps

Offline FluidPowerTom

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 05:24:03 PM »
I believe that on the first time you download a program to a DP7xx display or other large-ish Danfoss display it does take 10-15 minutes or so with the CG150 for some reason.  Subsequent downloads of program updates will take less time.  It's just that first download.  That's my recollection at least from the 2 or so I've done.
Controls Engineer
Hydra-Power Systems

Offline niteRider

• PLUS+1 Developer
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 10:21:29 PM »
We're running about 10 mins on our DP710s on first download pretty much every time... much faster on subsequent updates, as Tom says.  Nature of the beast, I am afraid.

Ordered one of the next-gen 710s (with increased brightness and IPS)... curious if it will be the same way.

Offline pinias

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2020, 11:28:25 PM »
interesting!!

the ones I got did flash right away the first time  no time consumption.

however I had that experience with the DM1000 but it was 2 and half hours for the 1st flash only or if I update the HWD file.

I guess I was lucky??

Offline jashom1

• PLUS+1 Expert
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2020, 05:13:57 AM »
The front USB (host) is only for the monitor to download the application log to a USB drive (the same as the cable that connects to the rear)

The cable also has a device plug from the rear cable that can plug into a laptop for the service tool, which is about the same speed as the CG150.

The initial download is slow as it (most likely) is downloading the operating system as well.  I have found if there are no other devices on the CAN bus it will download a bit faster.

Hope this helps.

John.

Offline sampler

• PLUS+1 User
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2020, 08:13:00 AM »
I will just add that it is a program that takes up a lot of data. The lhx file is over 15 MB. It contains a lot of graphics and an extensive algorithm.
After unpacking in Guide, the data is over 60 MB.
So I asked about the option included in the documentation: USB port for fast software downloads and uploads.
So I understand that I need to connect to a PC with a cable?
There is no option to download the software directly from the stick?

Offline Marbek_Elektronik

• PLUS+1 Guru
    • Marbek Elektronik
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2020, 01:52:39 PM »
We have DP610 and DP700 and yes, the first time takes about 10 or 15 minutes.
Downloading with CG150 takes about 8 minutes. (large program)
Downloading via USB-cable (back, not at the front) is about 1 minute, much faster and you can choose "only display" and/or "CAN1 and CAN0 at the same time.
unfortunately it doesn't work now, because of problems of device drivers in Win10, but normally it should work.

Front USV-connector ist a USB host connection, not for connection to pc, only stick. You can't download here.
Marbek Elektronik, Dipl.-Ing. Bernd Konrad
Dienstleistung, Entwicklung, Herstellung

Offline sampler

• PLUS+1 User
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2020, 02:29:08 PM »
Thank you for your answer. Does it work properly with the winxp or win7 drivers?

Offline Marbek_Elektronik

• PLUS+1 Guru
    • Marbek Elektronik
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2020, 02:37:36 PM »
yes and it works also with the win10 driver, but not on my computers :-(
Try it with your computer!
Good luck!
Marbek Elektronik, Dipl.-Ing. Bernd Konrad
Dienstleistung, Entwicklung, Herstellung