Author Topic: Source Code Management  (Read 5038 times)

kidproquo

Source Code Management
« on: November 15, 2010, 10:59:08 PM »
Hi,

Is there any way to integrate GUIDE with source code version control, say SVN/CVS/Mercurial? It would be really cool to have some version control. We have two teams working with the same code, so checkout/merge features would be beneficial.

Regards,
Kid

Thomas

Re: Source Code Management
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 08:50:17 AM »
Hi Kid!

Thanks for your post.

It is not possible to my knowledge to integrate GUIDE with a Source Control Software. We use a software to check in and out code but that is done manually without features like you mentioning.

Maybe other users has some experience?

Best regards // Thomas

Offline metalninjadragon

• PLUS+1 Developer
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 11:36:26 PM »
I think it's going to be neigh impossible to do it on a graphical project.
>1 developer on a project may warrent C if it's got any size to it.

Offline metalninjadragon

• PLUS+1 Developer
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 11:07:30 PM »
As a general update we've been using SVN to manage our code base (both C and Sauer Plus 1).
It works mostly, as far annotating and tagging, but is a bit problematic since Plus 1 seems to change a large number of files anytime the project opened, even if it's not modified.

We find ourselves reverting a lot to undo these changes and keep a known copy.
What's necessary and whats not isn't obvious, I ignored a few files that it changed on a read only access, but then the next time I opened Plus 1 it failed to do a compile changed and forced me to do a full rebuild, so I must of have confused it by not including some of this information.

Is there a way to turn this extra information storage off?
Does anyone have a recommended ignore list for using Plus 1 with revision control?