Author Topic: Importing Language translations  (Read 4063 times)

Offline Undertow

• PLUS+1 Developer
Importing Language translations
« on: August 22, 2011, 01:33:04 PM »
Hi
I am having some problem with setting my computer  keyboard with a different language so I can put special characters in.
Problem is that the SD manual is setup for XP and I am running 7 not sure if that is an issue but it does not seem to work.
Can anyone give me a step by step guide on doing this?

Thanks

Offline Richard

• PLUS+1 Expert
    • Textron
Re: Importing Language translations
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 05:31:34 PM »
Are these special characters for displaying on a display or for signal, page names etc?  If they're for the display then see the API spec.  For DP610 it's on page 18 of 22. It tells how to show ASCII on screen.

see extract below:

Special characters can be inserted into the screen editor by using this character table. To create the desired character, type \ followed by the corresponding table coordinates.
Example: to create the degree symbol, type \260. The number 26 represents the row location of the character and 0 represents the column location of the character.

Richard

Offline Undertow

• PLUS+1 Developer
Re: Importing Language translations
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 09:47:18 AM »
Thanks Richard,
But what I am trying to do is to copy and paste translated text along with the special characters of that language ( e.g. ? ) into my project.
There is a step by step in the help manual but it does not tie up with WIN 7 and I cant seem to get these characters displayed correctly.

Thanks