Author Topic: STAND ALONE MEMORY MODULE  (Read 12115 times)

Offline pinias

• PLUS+1 Guru
STAND ALONE MEMORY MODULE
« on: July 23, 2015, 05:11:21 PM »
I would like to see in the near future a Stand Alone Memory Module that can be added to my system.

here is the thing:

I do have  around 30 equipments with a Controller MC050-010 none of them has the vault memory, so as the equipment gets older some issues pop up while doing the job.  People is asking, if you already monitor all these variables why not log all of them.

well, the answer is simple, the controller or display we bought does not have that capability. the next question is why is it not posible to buy a stand alone vault memory with may be 1Terabyte of capacity?

the answer is simple, Danfoss does not offer anything like that, you have to buy a display with up to 16MB of vault memory.

my suggestion is why not offer a module like the I/O module that will be connected to the CAN bus and log the data. it can be easily added and you can put a large vault memory capacity, with out the need of develop a lot of code.

I am pretty sure there are other potential customers out there with the same need

I am just asking I hope I am listened

Thanks

Offline FluidPowerTom

• PLUS+1 Guru
Re: STAND ALONE MEMORY MODULE
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 12:40:09 AM »
In the mean time the WS telematics units can house a SD card which can get you 32 or maybe even 64 GB of memory.
Controls Engineer
Hydra-Power Systems

Offline dlewis

• PLUS+1 Guru
    • Getman Corporation
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 03:24:08 PM »
Kvaser makes the Memorator that allows you to log information that is transmitted on the CANbus.  They work great for me.  I have the Memorator R Semi Pro.  One nice thing is that can also be used as a gateway with the Guide Service Tool.

Offline Marbek_Elektronik

• PLUS+1 Guru
    • Marbek Elektronik
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 08:33:58 AM »
Hi diewis,

I think this is a logger, not a memory,isn't it?
pinias search for a memory, which can write and read data via can bus.

Does somebody knows such device?
If not, I could consider to build a device, which can write data via can to a SD-card and which can read data via can from this SD-card.
Would be nice to have such device.

Now, I have asked www.avisaro.com and they have such devices.
They have dataloggers with SD-card or USB-Stick and they can program their loggers via script, so this devices will be a can-memory device.
You can write and read from it and you can put the SD-card in your computer.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 06:07:57 PM by Marbek_Elektronik »
Marbek Elektronik, Dipl.-Ing. Bernd Konrad
Dienstleistung, Entwicklung, Herstellung

Offline pinias

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 02:22:24 PM »
Hey Guys,

Thanks you all for your comments, it really helps. It gives a better picture of what can be done.

Marbek has a good choice, matter of fact it is what I was looking for, you can record the data but also you can get the data in a LAN which is great.

I think I will try this.

Thanks again

Offline Sergio-DEK

• PLUS+1 Developer
  • Each is a programmer of its own luck.
    • www.dek.si
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 11:34:57 AM »
@pinias: There are a lot of products on the market, capable of storing big quantities of data. Just type it in Google. I've used RM Michaelides products like "CANLogger" and it works great.

Marbek_elektronik quote to dlewis: "I think this is a logger, not a memory,isn't it?
pinias search for a memory, which can write and read data via can bus."

@Marbek_elektronik: Logger not a memory? Memory, which can read/write? What?
Memory modules are not capable of of doing anything but retain data or not retain data, loggers on the other hand are devices intended to be data collectors and include some kind of memory to write/read the collected/logged data and retain it after power-off.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 10:00:59 AM by Sergio-DEK »
Sergio Kosic
DEK electronics

• PLUS+1 Guru
    • Marbek Elektronik
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2015, 12:41:44 PM »
Hi,

I have written:
"Now, I have asked www.avisaro.com and they have such devices.
They have dataloggers with SD-card or USB-Stick and they can program their loggers via script, so this devices will be a can-memory device.
You can write and read from it and you can put the SD-card in your computer."

So, they can make their loggers to be data memories, to be read via danfoss or via computer.

I hope, now it is clear.

Offline Sergio-DEK

• PLUS+1 Developer
  • Each is a programmer of its own luck.
    • www.dek.si
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2015, 02:59:17 PM »
Well, no. I quoted the first paragraph of your post not the last. Data logger is a dedicated device, while memory is a module, which is one of the components of a logger in this case. That's why you got me wondering, when you wrote: "I think this is a logger, not a memory,isn't it?".

The difference I see between the Memorator R Semi Pro logger function and the products you and I mentioned is, that the latter ones are dedicated for logging data with many interfaces and have interchangeable SD memory cards, while Memorator has it soldered onto the PCB and logs data when not used as an CAN interface (at a high price as well). All of them come with some sort of SW configuring tool.

The rest, is just deciding on which device covers all needed requirements (interfaces, memory type,    working environment) at a reasonable price. New CAN loggers come even with integrated RTC for timestamps, I/Os, GPS modules, accelerometers and other sensor.

P.S. Don't get me wrong "Marbek-elektonik" (don't now you name or nick), you got me confused with the terminology, the product you mentioned is certainly worth considering.

Best regards,
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 03:23:46 PM by Sergio-DEK »
Sergio Kosic
DEK electronics

• PLUS+1 Guru
    • Marbek Elektronik
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2015, 10:43:57 PM »
Should we post the devices, which work well?