Author Topic: log to file all log functions  (Read 8795 times)

Offline pinias

• PLUS+1 Guru
log to file all log functions
« on: December 23, 2015, 04:11:21 AM »
Hello there,

here is the thing, I have done a diagnostic file that I want to use to log to a file some parameters. I have a main log funtion and then another 2 log functions in there. when doing the logging I can choose  which log function I want to look at and it works fine.

the problem is when I do a playback of the logged file, for some reason I can only see the log function that is set as start log function, all others are gone.
see picture attached

what am I missing? does any one can help with this?

I appreciate

thanks

Offline Daniel

• PLUS+1 Expert
Re: log to file all log functions
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 01:59:21 PM »
Hello Pinias

In Service Tool, it is actually only the signals that are available on the currently opened page that are logged. This is to keep up performance. If all signals on all pages would be logged in the background, that would make a big impact on logging speed.

When logging to a file, it follows the same principle. It basically takes the signals that are currently available on the page and saves them as numbers in a file.

I hope this information helps.

Best regards
Daniel
PLUS+1® Help desk
PLUS+1® Help Desk Team

Offline pinias

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 02:11:19 PM »
Daniel,

Thanks for making it clear.

Now, I just have one page with all what I want to log to a file and it works great

Thanks

Offline pinias

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 10:48:09 PM »
Daniel,

Just one more question,
 if I have my check points at the display and I am connected to the CAN and the DP610 using the USB/RS232 cable going from the back of the display to the laptop, does those checks points only are access/transmitted over the USB connection for logging with the service tool?

in other words, under the same set up, if I got check points at the controller they will be requested and transmitted on the CAN bus and then on the USB right?

but for the DP610 what does really happen when trying to request/transmit the checkpoint info to the service tool log?

Iam asking this because after all if everything has to go to on the CAN BUS, it will impact my bus load

I appreciate the feedback

Regards

Offline Daniel

• PLUS+1 Expert
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 04:00:59 PM »
Hi Pinias

Yes, you are right. When using a display as a Gateway, it will work just like any other Gateway (like for example a CG150), assumed you set the Service tool to use "DPxxx + CAN x" as channel. So using a Display or a CG150 as gateway makes no difference for the Service tool or to the bus load.

The only difference would be if the Service tool is set to use the "DPxxx Only" as channel. That will turn off the Gateway functionality in the display, so only signals/checkpoints from the display will be available for the Service tool (you will actually only find the display when you do a Scan). This means that no other signals/checkpoints on other units on the system will be available in Service tool. So if you are only interested in getting data from the display and at the same time do not want to interact/disturb the "rest" of the CAN system, this can be an option.

Best regards
Daniel
PLUS+1® Help desk
PLUS+1® Help Desk Team

Offline spittet

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 07:01:50 PM »
Hi Pinias

Yes, you are right. When using a display as a Gateway, it will work just like any other Gateway (like for example a CG150), assumed you set the Service tool to use "DPxxx + CAN x" as channel. So using a Display or a CG150 as gateway makes no difference for the Service tool or to the bus load.

The only difference would be if the Service tool is set to use the "DPxxx Only" as channel. That will turn off the Gateway functionality in the display, so only signals/checkpoints from the display will be available for the Service tool (you will actually only find the display when you do a Scan). This means that no other signals/checkpoints on other units on the system will be available in Service tool. So if you are only interested in getting data from the display and at the same time do not want to interact/disturb the "rest" of the CAN system, this can be an option.

Best regards
Daniel
PLUS+1® Help desk

Does this means that you cannot log the checkpoints that are inside your display's program when you are using the display as a gateway? Just curious.

Sam

Offline pinias

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 10:32:13 PM »
Sam,

does not mean that.  Yes you can do both.

what Daniel says is that if you use it only as DP600 you cannot get access to other devices check points which makes sense.

Thanks for the feedback

Offline Marbek_Elektronik

• PLUS+1 Guru
    • Marbek Elektronik
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 11:18:02 PM »
Hello,
I have the following problem using DP610 via USB as a  gateway:

If I select DP610 + CANx as Gateway and I try to download lhx-file to display, often download failes.
It works fine, if I select only DP610.

Someone have had the same problem?
Marbek Elektronik, Dipl.-Ing. Bernd Konrad
Dienstleistung, Entwicklung, Herstellung