Author Topic: Compiled code packages  (Read 22472 times)

radioact

Compiled code packages
« on: December 17, 2010, 08:43:45 PM »
Does anyone have any info on how to create and use CCPs? I read a small bit about how to use them in the new GUIDE user manual but I can find nothing else in the manual or on Sauer's website about how to create them. I have a few algorithms I use in my embedded programming that I would like to bring over to PLUS+1 and see if they are useful. (I wouldn't want to wire up a CRC algorithm :))

Tyler
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 09:21:42 AM by Thomas »

Thomas

Re: Compiled code packages
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 12:12:29 PM »
Hi Tyler!

We are working on a manual with code examples attached to it. It is step by step how to work with CCP's

We will hopefully release it right after new year. We have a delayed delivery from Santa  :D

Best regards // Thomas

Thomas

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 09:05:22 AM »
Hi!

The document is now released but we are still waiting for the website to update and the example files.

http://www.sauer-danfoss.com/stellent/groups/publications/documents/product_literature/11078985.pdf

Best regards // Thomas

Quax76

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 03:52:51 PM »
Hi Thomas,

thanks for this information!
Which version of the Code Composer Studio is needed? CCS-Free, CCS-MCU or CCS-all?
Please don't tell me that we need to buy the huge version for >3000$.

Best regards,
Rolf

Thomas

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 10:34:16 AM »
Hi Rolf!

To my knowledge it should be enough with the free one.
It is important that you use the right compiler version as mentioned in the attached manual.

Please note that we are not able to support you how to create your C-Code, when you try to implement your debugged and tested C-Code into the GUIDE environment we can support you. We do not have the resources to handle the C-Code creation.

Best regards // Thomas

radioact

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 05:25:59 PM »
The big question is what is the target device. The free version supports only the MSP430 and C28x devices so if the controllers use one of those then the free should be sufficient. Anyone know what chip is inside the controllers and if all the different models are all the same?

I see that the DP200 and DP250 are ARM based and there are build instructions there for them but what about the DP600/610/620s? I assume it is also ARM based but they seem to have been left out.

Tyler

Quax76

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 10:59:31 AM »
Hi Thomas,

thanks for your reply. RadioAct is right. We need to know which controllers are used in the different devices.
Please don't understand me wrong. We don't want you to create our CCPs, but also don't want to buy this expensive software package.
We already use two different C compilers. One for PIC programing and one for programing other devices than SD.

Rolf

Thomas

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 11:33:03 AM »
Hi!

I understand that you do not want to buy the full package.

All necessary information is included in this document:
http://www.sauer-danfoss.com/stellent/groups/publications/documents/product_literature/11078985.pdf

Within a couple of weeks we will have updated the manual, right now there are some small gaps in the documentation but we are working on it.
We will also post the example files that is mentioned in the manual.

Best regards // Thomas

Quax76

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 02:13:17 PM »
Hi!

I found a downloadable free 5.2.5 compiler on
https://www-a.ti.com/downloads/sds_support/TICodegenerationTools/
after a small registration, you will be able to download it.
I'm going to install it now...

Quax76

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 09:38:47 AM »
OK. So far, so good. During compilation with cl2000 the following maessage occur:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

any idea?

radioact

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 08:51:10 PM »
The short:
Looks like a friendly warning from the compiler, if you are copying the example code from the sauer doc then it would be expected since in the first example they don't use all the parameters passed. Looks like it compiled fine. Did it work?

The long:
The compiler is wondering why you would have a function with a parameter that you never use? If you don't use a parameter then best coding practice would be to remove that parameter from the function. Since we have limited control about how the functions in our class are written it has to stay that way. The 'self' parameter is a pointer to the current instance of the class used for accessing member data and methods.

Tyler

Quax76

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2011, 08:06:19 AM »
Hi Tylor,

thanks for your reply.
I did understand it in that way too, but when I'm trying to implement the class to plus1, there is an error during compilation.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Because there are no detailed informations, the next step in error searching was to eliminate the cl2000 compiler warning.
Rofl

radioact

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2011, 08:23:56 PM »
I haven't had any time to work on this so I am not sure what is going on here. I will try the example out here when I get a chance.

What would be super awesome is the sample code that is discussed in the how to doc to be made available to download so i don't have to type it all out...

Also any word on CCPs for the DP600 series displays? This is where I would use most of my CCPs for communicating with remote monitoring devices.

Tyler

Offline metalninjadragon

• PLUS+1 Developer
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2011, 11:25:17 PM »
I haven't seen this problem occur yet, I'm working in a very similar environment.
I would note that you can install the code limited version of TI's code composer, use a standard makefile and a working CDT.

As the compilation looks correct it's probably in the way you've linked it in. Can you post some screenshots of your graphical integration?

Quax76

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2011, 12:16:08 PM »
I created a blank project with the controller shown in the excample.

I'll show the source code in a separate new thread...

For creating the zip file I used jZip and included the idl and lib file

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 12:20:54 PM by Quax76 »