Author Topic: Issue in enabling hardware pin at connector 1  (Read 10338 times)

Offline ShaswatD

• PLUS+1 User
Issue in enabling hardware pin at connector 1
« on: September 30, 2020, 08:31:00 AM »
Hi,

I am working on a project that uses Danfoss Plus+1 software tool and SC050-120 hardware.

The issue we have been facing in enabling the hardware pin 34 and 46 connected with Connector 1. For C1P46 we can see in software that output pin state changes from low to high but same does not appears to be at controller hardware end. Same behaviour appears when we examine C1P34. We draw the same connection diagram for C1P34  but we observed no state change in software as well hardware.  We are referring SC050_120 Hardware description Application interface document  for the reference

Could anyone please suggest how to connect the external load or is there any other initialization required to be done in software?

Thanks in advance

Online acmall

• PLUS+1 Guru
Re: Issue in enabling hardware pin at connector 1
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 09:15:38 AM »
A couple of basics to check: -
  • Have you connected power to pins 47, 48, 49 & 50?. These pins are the power supplies for the outputs.

• Have you loaded a program into the secondary controller? Someone else may be able to confirm but I think there needs to be a program loaded in the secondary for the outputs to operate. A blank program complied from the secondary template should be enough to get started.

Offline ShaswatD

• PLUS+1 User
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 05:43:25 AM »
Thanks for the ack Acmall

Well, as you said I tried both things..

1. I can see that pins 47, 48, 49 and 50 are up and working as expected

2. For flashing the secondary controller, I choose "secondary version" under drop down of "Hardware" section while creating new project. Without any software change, I tried to flash the secondary controller but error pops out " No valid target ECU found". Attaching the screenshot as well of that particular error.

P.S. I have ben trying to attach the image I dont know why but when I attach it, I can not save message.

So I am flashing with the help of Service tool and I can see no ECU option is available under "Download File to ECU option" and status is "No valid target ECU is found "

Please let me know if more info required and guide us what else can I try to resolve it..
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 05:52:35 AM by ShaswatD »

Offline Tor

• Administrator
  • PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2020, 07:30:47 AM »
Hi ShaswatD,

Do you see the secondary controller in the Service Tool?
You can right click on the ECU List and "Copy ECU List to clipboard" and paste it here.
Best regards,
Tor
PLUS+1® SW PAE Team

Online acmall

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2020, 09:14:35 AM »
Are you connected to CAN0 (C1P03 & C1P04) or CAN1 (C1P20 & C1P21)? The secondary controller is only accessible when connected to CAN0.

In the service tool ECU list the first number is the Net (CAN0 or CAN1) and the second number is the node. As delivered the SC050-120 nodes are 27 for the primary and 28 for the secondary. If you haven't changed the node numbers in your program you should see: -
  • When connected to CAN0

• When connected to CAN1

To attach an image click on Additional Options below the message entry box and choose the image file under Attach:.

Offline ShaswatD

• PLUS+1 User
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2020, 09:27:20 AM »
Hi Acmall and Tor,

As said, I have connected through CAN0 but still can not see secondary controller option to flash.

If you can please share the step by step process to flash secondary controller, it would be helpful.

I have now one SC0XX safety controller option guide and perhaps the secondary controller flashing is mandatory.

I am trying to find out any help book that explains how to flash secondary controller but could not get it

Apologies for the delay in response as I have connected through remote to operate the hardware and software and sometimes get help from local guy but only if he is available.

For the attachment issue, I am adding png 312 KB file but all the time, while trying to add some image, I can not submit my post. Usually, page refreshes automatically after submitting my post, but when I attach any image file, page does not refresh automatically and if I do it manually, my post just disappear... At once, I was wondering whether I amreplying to the post or private message to anyone :)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 09:39:40 AM by ShaswatD »

Online acmall

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2020, 11:47:30 AM »
Downloading the program to the secondary is the same process as downloading to the primary. The service tool will only show controllers that are compatible with the file you have selected for download. Provided you only have one SC050-120 connected and both the primary and secondary are showing up in the ECU list, the correct one will be selected based on the file you select to download.

What do you have listed under ECU list? The attached image is the ECU list when connected to my test bench.
0,9 is an MC088-015
0,27 & 0,28 are the primary and secondary of an SC050-120.

Offline ShaswatD

• PLUS+1 User
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2020, 01:54:12 PM »
Thanks for the message Acmall,

When I open the program in service tool, I can get only option 0,27 and not 0,28

Does that mean I have only primary SC050-120 connected?

Online acmall

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2020, 03:04:54 PM »
Normally you will see both 0,27 & 0,28 in the ECU list.

The LEDs on the SC50-120 will give some indication of faults (provided you have not changed their function in your software). 
Yellow LED on indicates error condition in Safety Layer
Red LED flashing indicates a CAN fault.

Do you have any other other CAN devices on the bus apart from the SC050-120? If so is it possible that one of these is already using  ID 28? If there are other devices on the bus try disconnecting everything except the SC050-120 and see if you can get the 0,28 to show up.

Beyond this I don't know what else to suggest.

Offline Tor

• Administrator
  • PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2020, 09:31:45 AM »
Hi,
Hmm.. Tricky one.

The first thing that came to mind was that you have the same node number for the primary and the secondary, and then you will not see the secondary.
But then I looked closer at the image you attached and noticed a exclamation mark on the Hardware and the Application "folder". Why?
This might be that the secondary controller is in boot loader mode. Usually this is shown in Service Tool, but according to a colleague, there have been times that it's showing up the way you see it now, more ore less nothing.

I would like you to try a "Recover ECU" from the Service Tool. This is explained in the User Manual on page 31.
To get to the User Manual: Open Service Tool -> "Help" drop down -> User Manual.

The "Recover ECU Function" is found in the "Communication" drop down.
At the "select ECU" try both choices if one isn't working. The net and node you are looking for, in your case probably is 0,28.
And then follow the instructions. Just turning the unit off and on again. Not to fast, and not to slow.  =)

I hope this works. Let us know.
Best regards,
Tor
PLUS+1® SW PAE Team

Offline ShaswatD

• PLUS+1 User
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2020, 09:47:57 AM »
Thank you for the post and suggestion Tor..

Would like to buy some time to verify the suggestion..

Will get back to you in a while...

Thanks again

Offline Tor

• Administrator
  • PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2020, 11:40:22 AM »
Hi,

About the "exclamation mark" in your image. This might not be what I think it is. It might just be a small "i", and might have nothing to do with it.

But the the rest of my post is valid.  =)

Good Luck
Best regards,
Tor
PLUS+1® SW PAE Team

Offline ShaswatD

• PLUS+1 User
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2020, 07:23:00 AM »
Hi Tor, Acmall

Tried "Recovery ECU" option
Here is what I did:

1. I turned off the ECU
2. Start the process
3. At the end, turned the ECU on.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 07:24:49 AM by ShaswatD »

Offline ShaswatD

• PLUS+1 User
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2020, 07:27:06 AM »
Hi Acmall and Tor

Here is another screeshot.

What I tried:

Added into the content of the previous post:

1. I connected the device with CAN 0
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 07:33:12 AM by ShaswatD »

Online acmall

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2020, 09:19:29 AM »
When you tried Recover ECU did you select First ECU found or did you select Specify ECU and enter 0 for Net and 28 for Node?

Did you check that, as Tor suggested, you do not have the same node ID set for the primary and secondary? In the program for the primary under Unit_config what is the secondary node set to? The attached screen shot shows the unaltered template configuration of 27 for primary and 28 for secondary.

Were you able to confirm that there is not another device on the CAN bus with using Node ID 28?