Author Topic: Can be Safe Modules  (Read 6071 times)

Brian Bandura

Can be Safe Modules
« on: June 18, 2013, 07:00:44 PM »
Perhaps someone can enlighten me with an example of how to use the new "Can_be_Safe" Transmit and recieve function blocks. I just tried setting up a test message and seem to have run into a wall. The Tx seems straight forward but the Rx one wants data on the input side which is confusing. Are these blocks not stand alone?  Do I need to pair them with a standard Tx and Rx with the data fed from one into the other?

Any help or guidance would be helpful, a code snippet with a transmit and recieve message setup as an example would be a welcome benefit.

Thanks,
Brian Bandura
DFI Corporation

Brian Bandura

Re: Can be Safe Modules
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 09:07:19 PM »
Got it figured out..  :)

Offline Richard

• PLUS+1 Expert
    • Textron
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 10:15:15 AM »
Hi Brian,

What's the trick?

Richard

Brian Bandura

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 10:16:06 PM »
Well, what happens is you connect the modules to the messages you are sending and receiving. They generate a second message with a checksum etc to compare to the original message to make sure the data has been recieved correctly.  The blocks have to be connected to the originals of course, and timing is pretty critical.

I created a send and recieve block for myself with all the pins connected as desired.  I set them to send/receive at 60h higher than the original, you may want something different. I just find it better to know where messages are going.

I've attached a send and receive pair with a few testpoints.  If the message fails for some reason, all of the outputs are set to '0'. Multiple blocks need different name spaces.

Hopefully that helps. Too bad the documentation isn't clearer.

Regards,
Brian Bandura
Automation Tech
DFI Corporation

Offline Daniel

• PLUS+1 Expert
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 10:22:44 AM »
Hi PLUS+1 users

There is also some information about the protocol and how it works posted on the SD Functional Safety page http://www.sauer-danfoss.com/Applications/FunctionalSafety/index.htm

Best regards
Daniel
PLUS+1™ HelpDesk

PLUS+1® Help Desk Team