PLUS+1 Software > Communication

Communication to DP610 console

(1/2) > >>

boseytal:
Hi all,

Firs time poster here looking for some advice.

I have a DP610 that I would like to communicate with via my laptop. Is there a way to achieve this? I see on the unit there is a CAN & RS232 connector, which one should I use?

I see online there are CAN-USB converters, could this accomplish the task? Also, will the PLUS 1 software allow me to control the interface from my laptop? IE Chaeck hours, power down etc.

Thanks in advance,
Joe

ronakpatel8382@gmail.com:
Hello
I am a new guy working on this kind of stuff too. But, I think you can connect your laptop and DP610 with CG150 cable. I am not sure but you can give it a try.
Thanks

boseytal:
Thanks for the reply.

I've looked at this and it seems to be the connection alright - I suppose the next question is will this allow remote control of the PLC from a laptop, or is this just for updating firmware etc?

oiltronic:
The CG150 adapter along with the Plus+1 Service Tool application running on your laptop will allow you to download new programs to the devices on the Plus+1 CAN network, as well as monitor and control them.  But to do this you will need to make a custom Service Tool application specific to a device and to the program that is written for it.  You also need to add monitoring "checkpoints" and input parameters to the device's program, and then you access these same checkpoints and parameters with the Service Tool application.

If you are coming from a PLC world, you will not find any of the typical built-in facilities for monitoring and controlling device i/o, and certainly not any built-in way to monitor or debug your program in real-time.  Plus+1 software is sorely lacking in that regard, imo.

boseytal:
Thanks very much for the info.

So if I've understood you correctly, the CG150 adapter with the Plus+1 Service Tool Application will allow me to download/upload from console - but you also mention control them. This sounds like what I'm looking to do.

You mention having to make a custom service tool application specific to a device - do you mean specific to the DP610? Does this require advanced PLC coding, or is there a GUI to achieve this?

From my research, there doesn't seem to be any remote application controls for these devices, and I think it's something that would benefit a lot of owners and contractors.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version