PLUS+1 Hardware > Controllers

PVE trouble

(1/3) > >>

Jelmer:
Yesterday I had some trouble with commisioning a very simple program. The program was made for a MC24-20 controller. Designed to control voor PVG sections (all high proportional). In the program I used 4 PVE function blocks each connected to seperate multifunctional outputs for the control voltage.

For safety reasons I also controlled the supply voltage, of the valves, by the controller. For this I “or-ed” the supplies comming for the PVE driver blocks to control 2 digital outputs (2 valves for 1 digital output). When I looked at the running program in the servicetool all was working fine.

However the valves didn’t respond as expected. When only 1 valve is connected to the digital output all is OK, but when I connect the second valve, the 24 volt supply is gone. In the service tool the digital output is still “green”.

I tackeld this problem by giving every valve it’s own digital output, but this should be working. Any idea of what is going wrong?

Slashe:
Hi Jelmer,

I guess that current peak for MF pin is too high when two or more PVE´s are activated at the same time. If you take a look of MC24-20 data sheet there is stated that any output pin should be used to power only one PVE.

Sedov_va:
You must connect the PVE power supply through a relay.

Volker:
We had a similar problem. When you use a PVG-Power Output you can supply three PVE's. With a normal Output you can supply only one PVE.

Jelmer:
I'm using C2p3 and C2p4 so in theory I can supply 3 PVE simultanious....but still no result :-(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version