Author Topic: Target application mismatch when downloading  (Read 7346 times)

Offline andersnj

• PLUS+1 Novice
Target application mismatch when downloading
« on: May 23, 2018, 09:06:37 PM »
Hello,

We are trying to download spare controllers to send to the field.  We have a bootloader mismatch between the downloadable .lhx file and what is on the controller.  We've had mismatches in the past, and it just required us to "ignore" the warning, and then type "undefined" in the application type screen.  Now, we are no longer able to get passed the Caution screen.  We type "undefined" into the text field, but nothing happens when click OK.  The Caution pop stays.  The only way to get it to go away is to select Cancel.

Has anybody run into this issue?  I'm hoping the solution isn't to re-compile with the new hardware version in Guide.

Offline jashom1

• PLUS+1 Expert
Re: Target application mismatch when downloading
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 05:39:27 AM »
Hello,

I noticed a couple of things there, firstly the version of the service tool you are using is quite an early one (we are up to 10.1 now) which might help, secondly are you sure that the file you are trying to put in that the application type is undefined?  It's telling me that your target ECU is "undefined" but the file your trying to download has been defined another name.

In the later versions of the service tool, through all the next, next, next steps we do while downloading, it actually tells you what the application type is of the file you are trying to download.

I would try updating your service tool first!

Cheers,

John.

Offline Nilla

• PLUS+1 Guru
Re: Target application mismatch when downloading
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 01:51:12 PM »
Hi andersnj!

Jashom1 is correct in that you're using quite an old version of PLUS+1 Service tool. Danfoss always recommends to use the latest one which can be requested from here;
https://www2.powersolutions.danfoss.com/l/38972/2016-05-30/525qvt

Regarding your issue, which is actually expected behaviour from the program. Whenever you create an application in PLUS+1 GUIDE you can set what we call an application type, see the first picture. If you try to download an application to a controller that has another application type you need to confirm that. It sounds like this is something you've not used before as you tend to put in "undefined" which is if you leave this field blank when creating your application. Now you want to download an application which has another application type, see picture 2, and you need to know that application type to be able to be successful. Please contact the creator of the application to get it. I've also attached a picture showing you the information message telling you that you're trying to download an application with a newer OS which you also had in your picture but it looks a little bit different in your older version. The OS has to do with what hardware file (HWD) you're using but this is no error, just an update. It's the application type in the application itself you need to find out.

I hope this helps!

Best regards
Nilla
PLUS+1 Helpdesk team