Author Topic: CG150-2 Connectivity Problems  (Read 1463 times)

Offline GreaseMonkey

• PLUS+1 Developer
  • The fastest way to do anything is once
CG150-2 Connectivity Problems
« on: August 08, 2023, 04:09:26 PM »
Hello Everyone,

I'm having trouble getting the PLUS+1 Service Tool to recognize our CG150-2 interface device.  Windows recognizes the device when I plug it in and gives me a little chime sound, but when I try to use the PLUS+1 Service Tool, it only shows the "CG150 Virtual" devices.  This happens intermittently with both my desktop and laptop.  When it occurs, none of the lights on the CG150 come on.  If I unplug and plug in the device enough times, eventually the LED's light up and the device starts working normally.  At that point, it will work fine for hours or days without any trouble.

I left my office yesterday with the CG150 connected to my laptop and verified that it worked by running a service tool application.  This morning, I went out to one of our machines to test it, and I can't get the PLUS+1 Service Tool to register the device.  It could be something as simple as a bad USB connector, but I'm skeptical of that possibility since windows detects the device every time it's plugged in.  From searching, I see that there have been problems in the past relating to USB 3.0.  Maybe I've just got a defective CG150-2.  We've only had it for a few months, but this issue seems to be getting worse over time.

Here's what I've tried:
-Completely uninstalling and reinstalling Danfoss update center and service tool
-Installing the CG150 drivers from the update center

Has anybody else experienced this type of issue? 
Thanks in advance.

***Edit*****

I just found that windows is recognizing the device as "ROM Recovery" and says no driver has been installed.  Since I've installed all of the CG150-2 drivers from the download center, I'm pretty confused as to why this is happening. 
« Last Edit: August 08, 2023, 05:34:44 PM by GreaseMonkey »

Offline GreaseMonkey

• PLUS+1 Developer
Re: CG150-2 Connectivity Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2023, 07:01:09 PM »
After a little more testing, I'm convinced my CG150-2 is faulty.  I've tried using it on three different computers, and none of them recognize the device properly or turn on any of the LED's on the CG150.  I'm guessing there's a faulty connection in the device somewhere. 

Has anybody else had trouble with a CG150?

Offline acmall

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2023, 08:53:56 AM »
I have had problems with an original CG150 in the past due to the lead. If I remember correctly it behaving in a similar way to what you are describing. I solved it by replacing the USB connector.

I have also had one die. In this case it wasn't detected by windows.

Offline GreaseMonkey

• PLUS+1 Developer
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2023, 04:22:18 PM »
I have had problems with an original CG150 in the past due to the lead. If I remember correctly it behaving in a similar way to what you are describing. I solved it by replacing the USB connector.

I have also had one die. In this case it wasn't detected by windows.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one.  I was tempted to cut off the connector and solder on a new one, but since we've only had the adapter for a few months and it was over $400, my boss didn't go for that idea.  Thankfully, our sales rep at our Danfoss distributor was extremely helpful and traded me for his personal CG150-2 so I could continue my project.  Strangely, after spending all morning fighting to get mine to connect, it started working 5 minutes before he arrived.