PLUS+1 Hardware > PLUS+1 Compliant Hardware

PVE-CC addressing, communication, documentation

<< < (2/2)

ET:
How often do you need to send messages to these valves so that they continue operating?
The PVED-CC Users Manual (PDF: 157B4942) says on page 27 that they need a minimum of one message every second, or every time the position needs to be changed.
However, these valves seem to stop working if you go any slower than 40 ms.
I had them working yesterday with an 80 ms interval, but that stopped today.
Before that, I tried them with 200 ms and 400 ms, which obviously failed as it's even slower.

How can you switch between hand-operation mode and CAN-controlled mode?
Right now, if you touch one of the manual levers on the valves, the CAN receiver stops responding to computer commands, until the machine is power-cycled.
The diagram in the PVED-CC Users Manual (PDF: 157B4942) shows that you can move back and forth between these two modes, but it doesn't tell you what to set the bits to in the message to do this.

I'd really like some answers from a SDF rep on this.
The lack of documentation on these valves is making what should be a trivial programming task into an impossibility.

CShultz:
I am new to PVED's.. can someone answer the below statement for me:
How do CAN addresses 0x0CFE3006...0x0CFE4006 relate to node IDs 128...143, and why?
From the technical literature is sounds as if 0x0CFE3006 is for Node ID 128.  Say I want to transmit a message to Node ID 130.. what would my ID be on the CAN_Tx block?
Why do we put 0x0C at the beginning?
FE30 is the PGN right?
Where does the 3006 come in?

Just trying to get a better understanding of the breakdown of the code.
Thanks everyone.

CShultz:
I believe I found my answer..
0x0CFE3006 = 0 = Node 128
0x0CFE3106 = 1 = Node 129
0x0CFE3206 = 2 = Node 130
...etc..etc
0x0CFE3F06 = 15 = Node 143
Please let me know if this is correct.
Again, this is for sending my logic in GUIDE to a CAN_Tx block to the PVED.. This address goes to the ID on the CAN_Tx block?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version