PLUS+1 Software > Communication

ISOBus

(1/2) > >>

FluidPowerTom:
I've got a prospective customer with a machine that has ISOBus on it.  I have never yet dealt with ISOBus.  After some research it looks to me like it runs on a CAN bus operating at 250k, so that's nice.  I see that the Virtual Terminal functionality is a big deal for displays, but I don't know that I care about that. 

I'm wondering if I can just connect to the bus and read process data from some messages without too much fuss.  Has anyone done this with a PLUS1?  Is it just a CAN ID and up to 8 bytes of data like any other protocol?

Nilla:
Hi Tom!

Sent you a response on your email to PLUS+1 Helpdesk.

For all of you others;

We currently don't have any controller supporting ISOBUS. ISOBUS is a communication protocol for the agriculture industry based on the SAE J1939 protocol (which includes CANbus). Currently I'm not aware of any customers using our controllers for this becuase it's not that simple to implement this other communication protocol.

Best regards
Nilla
PLUS+1 Helpdesk team

F.M.Elettromeccanica:
Hallo Nilla,
i've got the same request, nothing is changed about ISOBus? We should to develop a solution on a tractor using this standard of comunication.
thanks in advance

FluidPowerTom:
I still haven't had to implement it on a system yet, but I did some studying.  It sounds like the display (they have a special name for it) is central to many ISOBus systems since it allows them to do the configuration necessary.  The display program itself is not custom; it's a more or less standardized ISOBus program.  It might not be a terrible idea for Danfoss to look into this. 

It sounds like if you just need to monitor something on the bus then it's not all that different from monitoring a proprietary B J1939 message.  That's about all I know.

joaoivo:
Hi friends, wish a prosperous 2021 foryou all.

Do you know if there is any news about ISOBus libraries for PLUS+1 controllers?

Best regards,
João Ivo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version