Author Topic: Parameter Auto Fix U32  (Read 5088 times)

tvanderwilt

Parameter Auto Fix U32
« on: July 20, 2011, 08:14:52 PM »
I have been experiencing some problems with the Auto Fix functionality when downloading a new program which contains a modified memory structure.  The problem I'm having is with 32 bit parameter values.  On some controllers I have an hour counter which stores a U32 value, and quite often (but not always) it gets reset to 0, even when auto fix is used.  Has anyone else experienced this problem? 

Offline Richard

• PLUS+1 Expert
    • Textron
Re: Parameter Auto Fix U32
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 11:04:58 AM »
I'm having a similar problem too with a DP610.  I recently added 27 U32 parameters to a display app and using autofix at least 75% of them screw up.  Luckily I never trust it and always save the parameters before a download anyway.  I've looked in the compiler messages after compiling  and I'm only using 25% of the parameters, (500 out of 2000).

I've also added 91 U32 to another DP610 app and when updating displays in this situation it's practically all the parameters that get screwed!

Does anyone know of a procedure to follow to prevent this, ie I'm not sure if the Service Tool is looking at the virtual EEproms rather than the actual ones and I should be rebooting the DP610 again after the download reboot??

Thomas / Stefan, can you shed any light on this?

Richard